viewer ipad iphone beta

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

The beta viewer was updated today to v1.14. This version includes walkthrough and measure tools that have been requested by a number of testers. This version also includes a number of bug fixes and improvements. Look for an email from Apple's TestFlight or launch the TestFlight app.

Enjoy!  

• etroxel likes this

#42 Smarttec

Smarttec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:30 AM

All seems to better in R1.14 but I still can't seem to open any of my files saved to iCloud - they just don't appear. Although appear in the iCloud.com directory?

Also Walkthrough is useful but how do you control the speed and if you get lost is there reset ( to find yourself ) and how do you move up stairs like in 'living room' example. Is there a way of tilting upwards?

#43 Alan Cooper

Alan Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationBuckinghamshire, UK

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

really cool news.  

would be great to have Apple Pencil support and be able to add notes on top of images.  I export views and do this in other apps, but could be a nice feature.

As an Android platform Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 user, I print views to PDF and annotate using XODO which works well on that device.

What I miss most in the pdf, even more than being able to zoom, set view and pan etc, and the reason I need to keep the laptop handy with FormZ open in my workshop during manufacture of the furniture which I have designed using FormZ, is to be able to hover over a part to get the popup message which declares what the part name, and serial number are. I hope that hover over with pop up feature is included, for FormZ tablet app, at least until labs provides a plugin which will automatically create serial number balloons for all selected parts in a view, or FormZ has a specific tool to do that, to include the labelling in a pdf file.

FZ8.5 pro with Renderzone on Windows 7 64bit.

Family Plan.

#44 tomjoe

tomjoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:59 AM

wow very nice any news about android can tell me when it release for anroid   

#45 palarsen

palarsen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:08 AM

Great to see walking tool implemented.

To make it even better:

Walk on geometry. Like floors and stairs and ramps. Hight 170cm? Average hight of human

Double tap could mean "stand there" or "go to there" unlike the "fit view" in the orbit tool.

Some lock, so you can stand still and look around without moving.

• etroxel likes this

#46 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado, USA

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for adding walk around and measure tools!  They are working great for me.  

Edit function also working for deleting models.

Some of my previously loaded models crash now when I try to see Shaded Full render.  It could be ones with Gigantic or Massive shadow setting.  

Multi-Sample still does not seem to do anything.  

Ambient Occlusion still gives odd results.

Would it be possible to add custom backgrounds for Shaded Work or Shaded Full renders?  I often drop in a gradient image or one with sky/ground/trees that are project specific.  Attached is an example from FormZ desktop.

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 2.46.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 2.46.43 PM.png

FormZ PRO v8.5.  2017 iMac 4.0 GHz quad core i7 24MB RAM and a 2015 Macbook Pro quad core i7 16MB RAM, Modern Architecture in Boulder and Denver Colorado www.ASONEarchitecture.com 

#47 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:55 AM

The last update fixed the Shaded Full. Works as expected now.

I can see Multi Sample working now also.

Any chance to add line weights?

• etroxel likes this

FormZ PRO v8.5.  2017 iMac 4.0 GHz quad core i7 24MB RAM and a 2015 Macbook Pro quad core i7 16MB RAM, Modern Architecture in Boulder and Denver Colorado www.ASONEarchitecture.com 

#48 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:55 PM

Downloaded the update today.  June 7

I'm not sure Silhouettes is doing anything for me in any render mode.

Distance tool is a bit hard to use.  Could it be possible to have the zoom window on the first point as well?  

• etroxel likes this

#49 etroxel

etroxel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:09 AM

Agreed about the distance tool. Zooming on initial placement would be very helpful. No silhouettes here yet either.

#50 archigraphica

archigraphica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:27 PM

Really want that "load from dropbox" feature turned on.  Measure tool needs help.  Imported dimensions seem hit or miss.  I find myself using it more and more.  Very cool, long overdue tool.

#51 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:03 PM

We posted an updated app (v1.20) today with number of performance improvements plus Silhouettes are now working. 

The most common issue that has been reported via email is problems opening larger model files. Unfortunately mobile devices do not have the virtually unlimited memory resources of OS X desktop and laptop machines. The memory that affects the ability to load models in the viewer is the device’s RAM (as opposed the flash storage, which can be confusing). Wikipedia has a fairly complete set of hardware specs here: https://en.wikipedia..._of_iOS_devices. The iPad Pro (12.9 inch) has the most RAM (4 GB) of all iOS devices and should give better results with larger models.

Our focus in the last few weeks has been to find ways to conserve memory in the app without degrading graphics performance. We have made a lot of progress and we expect that v1.20 will open many files that would not open in previous versions.

We are looking into the suggestions for the measure and walk tools. Drop box appears to be out of our control as from the app side it does not appear any different that iCloud, but we will continue to investigate.

Apple has approved the app so we expect to make the 1.0 release of the formZ Mobile Viewer for iPad/iPhone soon. Please send/post any additional feedback as soon as possible.

We are looking for images to promote the viewer. If you are able to send us some screen shots of your models in the viewer that would be great. Be sure to include the attributions so that we can properly credit the work. To capture the screen image to your photo library, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and then press and release the home button. Please email these to beta@formz.com.

#52 etroxel

etroxel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

Can you take a look at this model? The app crashes immediately upon import via AirDrop, but does show up in the file selection window after a relaunch. If I try to open it from there, it immediately crashes again every time.

Attached File  Todd Massing 02.fmz.zip   1MB   30 downloads

#53 Smarttec

Smarttec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:12 PM

Evan,

I was able to open this via loading via iCloud Drive after 3x attempts ( 3rd time lucky ) I have an iPad Air 2 - no crashes yet! It's just a basic (good) model no textures yet.

Rob

#54 Smarttec

Smarttec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:33 PM

Evan,

That's really weird but your file just totally disappeared after stalling in the iPad after I opened the multilayers and selected "Window trimmings" that was off - it went into wireframe mode. On trying to change the render mode 'turn on silhouettes - it just froze. It came back momentarily then 'quit' but the file also disappeared, not only from iCloud drive but even as if it was ever downloaded - Weird...!

Rob

#55 etroxel

etroxel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:43 AM

I have formZ door components and silhouette people components loaded, so maybe that's it. I'll try with those layers deleted.

#56 etroxel

etroxel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:44 AM

By the way I'm doing this on the big iPad Pro so if anything should be able to open it, it would be this iPad. Also, the file is TINY. Very weird indeed.

#57 etroxel

etroxel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:54 AM

Ok, i was able to narrow it down to the silhouette people. Doors are working fine. ADS, can you look into those particular components? I use them all the time.

Edited by etroxel, 29 June 2016 - 09:54 AM.

#58 Suedpol

Suedpol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:17 AM

Hi,

using an IPad AIr and the latest Beta version.

My PC has FormZ Render Zone Plus v.6.7.3. installed.

Sadly, I cannot open any files from the ICloud dirve, not even a tiny test file with just three cubes.

I get the notfication "Insufficient memory to open file" which can hardly be the case.

Any ideas for a workaround?

I would like to present some work with the app on Thursday.

Thanks in advance,

Suedpol

Edited by Suedpol, 05 July 2016 - 03:21 AM.

#59 Suedpol

Suedpol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:19 AM

Okay, today´s update is lifting the curtain.

Only version 7 and up is supported by the mobile viewer.

Sad, very sad :angry:

Time for me to delete the mobile viewer?

#60 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:44 AM

Hi Suedpol,

Sorry you are having trouble.  Please send a file that is not working for you to support@formz.com so we can test with it here and help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: viewer, ipad, iphone, beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users