Photo

Thea for FormZ - Now Available

thea render rendering gpu rendering unbiased rendering integration plugin open beta

22 replies to this topic

#21 manolis

manolis

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:20 PM

Hi Markus,

Can you try with the following steps:

1. Open the scene in formZ

2. Go to Display Options [right-click at the Thea icon in the top toolbar > Thea Render IR Options...]

3. In Distribution settings set Network to Server

4. Start rendering in Thea Darkroom inside formZ

5. On your other machine launch a Thea Client [for Windows open the Start menu and type Thea Client, for Mac go to the Thea Render folder in the Applications directory and launch Thea Client.app]

6. Once the client has been launched select Configure at the left side, and then click the icon in the "Server Address" line.

7. A new pop-up window will appear (Searching for servers...). After a few seconds the first machine will be listed. Select it, click OK and also close the Configure panel.

8. Click Start in the client. After a few seconds the console should inform you that the project has been received. At this point you should also see a new entry in the Network Log about the added client. 

Hope this helps!

#22 3dworks

3dworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

thank for getting back! point 7 is the problem: on my windows client no mac FZ server will appear. i've setup everything as described on the mac and firewalls are set to let pass thea and FZ communication. server list on windows machine remains empty.

kind regards

markus

Edited by 3dworks, 02 December 2016 - 02:30 PM.

3dworks visual computing + photography

#23 3dworks

3dworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

ok, got it, i need to start to render in darkroom before searching for server... 

3dworks visual computing + photography

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thea render, rendering, gpu rendering, unbiased rendering, integration, plugin, open beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users