#1 giannis

giannis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:05 AM

Dear friends,

we are very happy to announce that our integration for FormZ is about to come out! Everyone is welcome to try Thea Render and take advantage of high quality rendering right inside FormZ!

What is Thea Render?

• Thea Render is a photorealistic render engine with multiple rendering modes; one can start the top high quality rendering using its "unbiased" rendering mode (TR1/TR2) or - for those with proper hardware - create high quality renders with its CPU+GPU rendering mode (Presto).
  • High quality is always there, in all modes. Thea Render is a physically-based spectral renderer with a very special material system and layering, which is the one that gives the absolute realism in the renders.
  • It comes with a standalone product (Thea Studio) along with the integrated plugin. The integration is a plugin that runs right inside FormZ, i.e. the engine does not run as another process.

In the past months, we have worked hard to integrate Thea on FormZ and we believe that the renderer can be used already efficiently for production rendering. This is why we are publishing Thea for FormZ - in a status of open beta - where we would really love to hear the feedback from the whole community (and plan further features accordingly).

Thea for FormZ first beta will be available soon as a public download link. It can be used to try the software, all features of the commercial version are present (actually, the two versions are the same thing) but the software runs in demo mode (resolution limit 1280x720 and watermarks).

Last but not least, we would like to thank everyone involved and in particular our very energetic beta testers as well as the relentless support of AutoDesSys.

Best wishes

• Martin Malinski, etroxel and Justin Montoya like this

#2 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

Hi Giannis,

Fantastic, thanks so much! :)

#3 Jaakko

Jaakko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:39 AM

Great!

#4 gordonjay

gordonjay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:36 AM

It looks like you need to be a Licensed Thea user in order to download the plug in.

#5 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:57 AM

Hi Gordon,

In the first post above, Giannis said:

Thea for FormZ first beta will be available soon as a public download link. It can be used to try the software, all features of the commercial version are present (actually, the two versions are the same thing) but the software runs in demo mode (resolution limit 1280x720 and watermarks).

As far as I know, the Public Beta is not yet available but should be soon.  (Giannis -- feel free to correct me if I am wrong!)

#6 giannis

giannis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:54 AM

This has to do with how we are actually posting versions. We first make download links available for licensed users in the forum and after a few days (if no issues are observed) we publish them on the site accessible by all.

Best wishes

#7 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for the update / info Giannis!

Please post back when the demo downloads are available so everyone can try it out.  ;)

#8 giannis

giannis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

Of course.

#9 AC1000

AC1000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:42 AM

It is so great to test Thea soon. 

You can find quite interesting reviews of external GPUs Nvidia / Cuda configurations plugged in Mac Book Pro.

I wonder if those configurations will work with Thea. Any rumors?

#10 Justin Montoya

Justin Montoya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:39 PM

Hi Giannis-

I see that you are running a 20% discount on Thea for FormZ with Studio, while it is in Open Beta.  - https://thearender.c...-for-formz.html

Can you please clarify if we purchase now, will the license carry over to the full production software after the Open Beta is completed?  

I'm not familiar with your licensing, do you use lifetime licenses or is it on a per version basis?  If per version, then would purchasing this Open Beta also get us version 1?  2?  3?  etc?

Final question - Are we able to purchase online from the United States and pay via PayPal or Credit Card, or do we need to go through a US reseller?

Thank you!  We are all very excited to see how we can integrate Thea into our FormZ workflow!

#11 giannis

giannis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:25 AM

You can find quite interesting reviews of external GPUs Nvidia / Cuda configurations plugged in Mac Book Pro.

I wonder if those configurations will work with Thea. Any rumors?

Definitely, if Nvidia graphics card is available on the Mac (eg. imac, or macbook) with compute capability v2+, then it can be used.

Best wishes

#12 giannis

giannis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:39 AM

I see that you are running a 20% discount on Thea for FormZ with Studio, while it is in Open Beta.  - https://thearender.c...-for-formz.html

Can you please clarify if we purchase now, will the license carry over to the full production software after the Open Beta is completed? 

Purchasing now, means that you get a license using the software along with all maintenance updates (within open beta and normal release period) that fall within 1.x version of Thea. Please keep also in mind that Studio and the engine are not in beta status, it is the integration that is tagged currently as beta.

I'm not familiar with your licensing, do you use lifetime licenses or is it on a per version basis?  If per version, then would purchasing this Open Beta also get us version 1?  2?  3?  etc?

Licenses are perpetual - if this is the question - but not lifetime. Meaning that you can use the software for indefinite. What is also included are all the maintenance updates within 1.x series. If someone wants to get v2 (when it comes out), there will be an upgrade price (and, similarly, he will be entitled to getting all maintenance updates within 2.x series).

Final question - Are we able to purchase online from the United States and pay via PayPal or Credit Card, or do we need to go through a US reseller?

You can surely buy directly from our e-shop. The prices are listed in euros and when redirected to paypal during checkout, you can choose to pay with a credit card.
Alternatively, one can go with a US reseller from our reseller list - they list end prices directly in $.

Thank you!  We are all very excited to see how we can integrate Thea into our FormZ workflow!

Thank you very much for the nice words. :)

Best wishes

• Justin Montoya likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thea render, open beta, rendering, unbiased, gpu render

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users