AutoDesSys

Plugin Extensions

CWilliamFox

I have just installed form•Z 8.5 along with the current Maxwell plugin. when I access the new form•Z software I do not have any Extensions in the icon on the bottom left. I have tried reinstalling the Maxwell software and the Extensions but no luck. All this works fine in the form•Z 8.0 release. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

Yes to the answer to the last two questions regarding the Display Menu and the Extensions Manager. And as far as I know yes to the latest and correct version of the plugin, but how can I confirm that I have the latest plugin? To the best of my knowledge I took the latest and current version from your download site.

What are my other options? As I mentioned the plugin works in forms version 8.0, although I am having difficulty using the Scatter tool in version 8, but that is for another issue when the plugin issue is resolved.

Now that I have re-booted the three icon did appear in the bottom tool bar. The icons that appeared are Place, Create & Sea. Now I need to test and learn how they work. I may be back in touch with other questions.

Thanks very much,

Bill

Hi Bill,

There is an issue in formZ where, when plugins are removed, and then added back, the Extensions Toolbar does not always update to reflect the correct tools offered. The solution is to reset the modeling workspace (Workspace > Reset Workspace).

Are you not seeing the Volumetric tool as well? If not, please Please run the command "Extensions> Maxwell Render> Forum" and post the resulting text here, so we can test on a system equivalent to yours.

Archived