22 replies to this topic

#21 pylon

pylon

• Moderators
  • 743 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

Hi Andrew,

You can definitely store different camera settings for various lighting situations. An pencil and paper are not necessary. There are two approaches:

1. Have more than one window in your project. Each will have its own set of render options, including camera settings. This approach is okay for quick one-off tests, but doesn't scale well, plus, you might accidentally close a window.

2. A better solution is to keep a single window, and use formZ Scenes with the "Rendering Parameters" option enabled:

Scene_Options.png

You can select any other relevant options there, too.

Note: You need to remember that formZ Scenes are "active" when created, so any changes made while the red bullet is on will be saved in the scene. This is the opposite of how Views are handled, and can lead to some confusion if you haven't used Scenes before.

In Render Options > File, you can see that the Scene name will be added to the output Maxwell filenames by default, but you can turn this off if you like:

Display_Options.png

• Ententpaype, ivayw60, Codiarouch and 2 others like this

#22 Andrew West

Andrew West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationBend Oregon

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for the solution.  I closed down the scene palette (along with many others) a year ago to clean up the mess of palettes all over my screens.  Looks like it is going to be very useful for my multiple lighting situations.  Hopefully the future releases will tidy up the interface issue. 

#23 Shibui Design

Shibui Design

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:11 PM

A very welcome addition would be to save various different render settings within the file and externally, such that they can be reloaded at will. I gave up trying to use the scene palette, as it's too confusing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users