AutoDesSys

Hidden line method - line thickness

AC1000

Yes, line weights should transfer if you save as Export Image>Illustrator. They may not look exactly the same as in the formZ window, but you can adjust them easily. In Illustrator, select one of your lines, go to the Select>Same>Stroke Weight and it will then select all of the lines with that weight in the hidden line drawing. You can then change all of them at the same time to be thicker or thinner using the Stroke palette. You could even put them all on a new layer so you can easily select them again later.

When exporting the file there is option to choose only one general line weight.

etroxel: I am afraid there is not any kind of line hierarchy when opening hidden line picture in Illustrator.

jsiggia: tutorial is great but 8.5 doesn't allow to export shaded faces to Illustrator. Just hidden line is possible - without line hierarchy.

post-13751-0-44984400-1458551274_thumb.png

post-13751-0-63609600-1458551290_thumb.png

As far as shading faces goes, I do this in Illustrator with the Live Paint tool because fZ doesn't export shading as you said. Once your lifework is in Illustrator, you can create a Live Paint group out of all your linework and then paint areas/shapes that are encompassed by lines with whatever colors you like. It goes pretty fast once you get used to it. The nice thing here is that the face colors can be changed as needed, and they are vector shapes still.

https://www.agitraining.com/adobe/illustrator/tutorials/using-live-paint

When exporting the file there is option to choose only one general line weight.

etroxel: I am afraid there is not any kind of line hierarchy when opening hidden line picture in Illustrator.

jsiggia: tutorial is great but 8.5 doesn't allow to export shaded faces to Illustrator. Just hidden line is possible - without line hierarchy.

Archived