AutoDesSys

Package for Renderfarm erratic

Des

Hi Pylon,

When I Package for Renderfarm the last couple of projects I've been working on, I have to try a few times before the mxs is created. Usually takes about three attempts before it's written.

I'm using the latest early builds of the plugin and Maxwell. The mxm's are around 20mb with around 80 to 100 image maps (trees/people etc.)

Des

Seeing that I'm on the subject of renderfarms, has there been any more news about this (Align to camera)?

Sometimes I want to save just one mxs to a render farm with a few views, and the Align to camera objects (trees etc.) don't update for all the views (just the active one when saving the mxs).

It's connected with this query I had before in the bottom link.

Thanks,

Des

http://forums.formz.com/index.php?/topic/2633-fz-fire-animation-suggestion/

Hi Des,

Re: Package for Renderfarm, I'm not aware of any issues. Can you please send your project file and all dependencies, and also a plugin log so I can get your system info?

Re: 'Align to View,' formZ aligns the geometry when the view is made active. If Maxwell were to make each view active before exporting, you'd have one copy of each camera-facing component for each view, and they would be visible from other views, too, so it would be a mess. I think you will have to export one scene for each view in this case. I will request similar 'face active camera' functionality from Next Limit, so a proper translation might be possible.

Re: Components facing camera: It is still not possible to determine if a component is view facing though the SDK, which would allow us to put in in the animation frame MXSs. We will search for a workaround. Perhaps there should be a mode where there is no base frame MXS, and all entities are put into animated frames. This would make for very heavy animation files, however... exactly the reason I implemented the base frame/anim frame scheme in the first place...

• 1 month later...

Hi Des,

Re: Package for Renderfarm, we still have not received your project. If you sent it previously, maybe try again by other means?

Re: Components 'Align to View,' We still don't have an SDK function to determine is an object is defined to align to the view, but we implemented a workaround in the latest beta. There's an option to treat ALL component instances as animated, so they will always be included in the animated frames. Of course, if you have a lot of components in your file, this will result in heavy animation frames. There's now also a option to disable the Base MXS in animations entirely.

post-32-0-97329700-1462384273_thumb.png

Its the best we can do for now; maybe write to ADS and refer to our "CASE 58  Get Component Align-To View Parameter" if you'd like the real deal.

Hope this helps.

Archived