AutoDesSys

DXF Export not working.

¢hris £und

DWG does not work,  Smooth Circles are triangulated.     This Job, I was able to backside to 6.x and have work.

Were I to have a choice, fixing this would be a priority as well as exporting Text again in the DWG for the next update.

Thanks!

post-9803-0-34953500-1459539402_thumb.png

post-9803-0-41679500-1459539405_thumb.png

Hi Chris,

We are not having any issues exporting Circles or Text objects via DWG.  Do you reproduce this only when importing into your other specific software, or also when importing the file back into formZ or AutoCad?

(Note that there is an issue where NOTE Text (not Object Text) is not being exported as DWG, and we are working on a correction for that as soon as we can...)

When exporting with these options:

post-5-0-13504100-1459542334_thumb.jpg

We get this result:

circle.zip

Is that not working for you?

The File you supplied, All of it came imported as faceted, not controlled.   No triangulation Like I get, but I prefer controlled for my circles.  (they cut faster)

I don't have a problem with  polygonal object now.  (with the settings you recommended)   

BTW,  I never put those two files back, I just rebuilt all those settings.

So, yes, if my settings are as yours   (Faceted, instead of Parametric)  I get the same thing, however  Text is Faceted either way.

Tested on another computer, the Circles come out Parametric, but the Text is Faceted (with multiple settings)

I will go on a Snipe hunt to see what is going on with the circles.

Summary:

Computer 1:  osx  10.10.5

User 1:  Circles and Text export as faceted 

User 2:  Circles and Text export as faceted

Computer 2: osx 10.11.x

User 1:  Circles Export as Parametric, Text export as faceted.

The file attached is your file, no modifications,  note the text is faceted.  (circle is too, but with your settings, that is expected)

post-9803-0-87664800-1459712431_thumb.png

Somewhat Resolved.     Release 11/12   is the issue with Circles.   All other releases work fine.  (this release works fine in 6.7.x)

Text however, does not work in any release,  the text is no longer parametric,   Tried many other settings (object vs polygon etc...)

All Export tests thus fare have been Round-Tripped..      the Latest one,  Journeyed to Illustrator, and it Agrees,   the circle is parametric, the Text IS NOT!

Now, I just have to figure out what release will work with my other software.

OK,  As you may be able to tell,  I have been working on this a LOT!

something is still wrong with the Export using the different releases.   fZ round Trips them fine.  Illustrator sees them fine.   But they are NOT fine.

If, it is correct now,  and incorrect in versions prior to 8.5.3:  Please re-introduce the previous errors, as they were a good thing.

Please see the attached image and files to see how the files compare.

They don't!  I attempted to import the exports into Pattern Smith;

6.7.3 files worked great!!!  8.5.3 files DO NOT.

I analyzed the files with a file comparator,   BIG differences!!!!

Example  6.7.3  had the term Circle in it at least 4 times    the 8.5.3   ZERO  (yes 0)  times.

I also exported out of Patterns Smith,  it had the term Circle in it,  and both versions of Z import it just fine.   thought the PS export is 618 bytes  vs    53k and 51k respectively  (more than 50 times the size for the same data?  WTH?)

Sumary::

8.5.3  Fails to export text as a .dxf or dwg.

Fails to export parametric circles   with release 2011/2012  (even z round-tripped)

Fails to be compatible with at least Pattern Smith where other versions of fZ worked fine.

MASSIVE differences in the files between 6.x and 8.5.3 (Tallied up 597 of them with equivalent settings)

The Term "Circle" does not even show up in 8.5.3 export  

(Just for good measure, I also checked for "arc"   and same result  6.7.3  x4   vs  8.5.3  x0

(Another good measure, Checked export 2003... no terms "Circle"

post-9803-0-31452600-1459746437_thumb.jpg

DXF tests.zip

]Hi Chris,

We did find a case where the addition of the FBX translator could have had an adverse affect on  the DXF / DWG Export.  We have made a fix for this which will be included with the next update.  Does this file work better for you?

post-5-0-67114100-1459899350_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-67114100-1459899350_thumb.jpg

Archived