AutoDesSys

Layout and the results after print...

Hugo

In another topic I spoke about my findings with Title Blocks, but now I want to share my experience with Layout.

It's a pity ADS is not able to make Layout a rock solid program, because I want to use it, actually we should use it in a professional work flow. As long as we can't relay on Layout, it's useless. Sorry... again...

Here you can see (see attach) what the results are after Print to PDF, save image to PDF, save image as PNG

I feel getting tired to see a wonderful 3D modeler and realize I can only produce images directly from the modeler or with Maxwell. This means in most occasions I have to export a DWG file, but without any smart export at all. Al entities are on 1 layer... etc... Actually there is no control in the work flow anymore, and it cost me huge amount of time to get my work done. It's not possible.

I really want to be positive, but it's to difficult. 

In my opinion ADS should focus on make the suite (modeler+Layout) predictable BEFORE adding new features.

At the moment I feel to capitulate and stop using the suite for serious work flow. Modeling OK, but that's all. Output is just to poor to take the suite serious for technical drawing. But I believe it has to work!!

Hopefully it will change in the near future.

Cheers

just send the file: 1517 Layout to Print.zip to support@....

It doesn't make a difference which file, all of them are not good.

By the way, I use a Ricoh Aficio MP C2500 color laserprinter A3

Hi Hugo,

Ok, thanks for sending your files.  We are reproducing a very subtle shift of your text by about a millimeter when printing, and obviously this should not happen.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will get this corrected.

It's not subtle. The text block in the middle with all rooms in it, is moving up at least 30 mm. 

Today I downloaded and installed again the latest Ricoh driver software version 4.0. Makes no difference.

The strange thing is also, notes are moving random after that print option. Look at the title block text in my 1517 1B printed.PDF. If the note stay in place in your test, well the text in the title block doesn't. Not in your test nor in mine.

Hi Hugo,

Yes, we do see that there is a very tiny shift, and this can apparently occur when using text that is on more than one line.  If you edit your text so that each string is only one line long then you should be able to avoid this shifting.  Alternately, if you uncheck the Vector Output option, the the multi line text should also be ok (but most likely you want the vector output option enabled).  Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Archived