AutoDesSys

My top 6. (for now)

Studio-Swaim

1. Reinstate the "relative" option for the extend line tool. I'm fervently trying to migrate completely to V8+ but this feature (among a few others) has me going back to 6.7. 

2. It would be nice if there were a way to change a material parameter on multiple materials at once. example: You have 39 objects with different materials assigned them. you want all those materials to be chrome, or constant, or wood, right now you have to spend 20 minutes opening each material and adjusting the parameters. 

3. Revert the draft and modeling sides back to the way earlier versions worked. example: A hidden line in model mode can be pasted into the draft mode and all the layers crossed over with it, allowing you to turn layers on and off.

4. Not a biggy... but still kinda inconvenient. Having to use the + icon to add a layer rather than just clicking on the line below an existing layer to add a new layer.

5. Give us a more user friendly sweep tool! 

6. keep v6.7 alive and well for those of us who toggle back and forth. Both the old and the new versions seem to have strengths. If v6.7 ever goes away then you reduce the capabilities that are available.... or make sure all the features from early versions are included in the new. Maybe a new packaging and marketing re-release "Form-Z retro! the tools you loved and relied on as a kid" :-)

keep up the good work. 

!!!!! HOW COULD I LEAVE THIS ONE OFF??!!!

#7 bring back the stream line tool! You know how long it takes to trace organic underlays with the other line tools?! Sometimes you just want to get a task done in 2 minutes not 28 minutes. Sometimes I just want to be able to draw and not draft! 

post-9626-0-86167300-1453130694_thumb.png

Matt,

1.  The Extend Line tool allows you to extend by a distance, or percentage:

post-5-0-48564500-1453132231_thumb.jpg

3.  When you create a Layout FRAME, you can choose which layers will be visible, and they will be displayed in Hidden Line automaticaly.

4.  Change the preference as noted above, or just right click and choose New...

5.  Yes, Editing Sweeps could be improved -- but if you don't get what you want directly, click on the resulting sweep with the Extract Tool, then move / rotate / scale the source shape as desired -- and sweep once more with the As Positioned alignment option.

7.  Trace the shape with the Pt Spline tool -- and then Polygonize it if you need it facetted.   It will be much faster and cleaner.

1 +1  Being able to rubber band the extension is very helpful and while it was available in Drafting in V6 it was not available in V6 Modeling.  I had made requests long ago to add this to the modeling side because it was so useful.  It would be great to have it in FZ8.5.

2 +1

5 +1

Matt,

1.  The Extend Line tool allows you to extend by a distance, or percentage:

attachicon.gifextend.jpg

3.  When you create a Layout FRAME, you can choose which layers will be visible, and they will be displayed in Hidden Line automaticaly.

4.  Change the preference as noted above, or just right click and choose New...

5.  Yes, Editing Sweeps could be improved -- but if you don't get what you want directly, click on the resulting sweep with the Extract Tool, then move / rotate / scale the source shape as desired -- and sweep once more with the As Positioned alignment option.

7.  Trace the shape with the Pt Spline tool -- and then Polygonize it if you need it facetted.   It will be much faster and cleaner.

1. Nope thats not what I need. I need the flexibility to extend lines at random lengths on the fly. Setting a percentage or a distance extends the line to what ever numeric you have entered thus resulting in all the extenders being the same length. I want the flexibility back to extend lines quick, on the fly, at random lengths so it doesn't look like a software produced algorithm. SPEED!post-9626-0-75163100-1453163556_thumb.pn

3. Will look into this and play with it. thx

4. did it. Thumbs up!

5. Wish it was set up almost like it used to. I did get frustrated that you couldn't zoom in on the preview window in V6.

7. That's still a disaster. Just need to be able to draw free. Put the model on the Wacom and trace an underlay and move on to figuring out how to make the sweep tool work. :-)

post-9626-0-75163100-1453163556_thumb.png

Matt,

1.  Ok, yes, thanks for clarifying.

7.  I would highly recommend trying #7.  It really should be quick and easy, and will give much better results.  The Stream Line results would likely cause problems for the sweeps due to the irregular and jagged nature of the Stream Line tool.

Hi Des,

Yes, that is really quick and easy with 2 faults:

1.  You have to know the trick, and

2.  It is one or two extra clicks.

Hopefully this can be incorporated directly into the Sweep Editing options soon! ... ;)

Archived