AutoDesSys

Clipping plan with hither/yon.

Hugo

In 3D modeler creating clipping plans with an option HITHER / YON, then save them and use it in Layout.

This option would give us the ability to create "building layers" with only relevant information about  for example tubes in construction floor, air channels, etc. without seeing everything on all elevations. It's what we can achieve with "View" option but then it's not working in Layout with hidden line+show hidden edges. It should have hatches as well, therefore a section.

Hope I could make me clear.

of course an image, but then I work without Layout. What I already do for some years now, is work ONLY in the 3D modeller, make the image size 20x20cm 300dpi and make a PNG image. Works perfect. But... You can't have the image on scale, I think.

Today I just finished the work and I think everything should be done in the 3D modeller.

Hi Hugo,

Yes the Layout display is based on Hidden Line, and if you want to use shaded images, you can export these from the modeler and use the Image Frame tool to place them in Layout...

You can also generate cross sectional Hidden Line views either using Clipping Planes, or by using the Floor Plan / Height option as Rob suggests...

FWIW, Revit has this ability (as I'm sure other BIM applications do as well) through the use of adjustable parameters for the view itself - Cutting plane elevation and view depth. It's basically a hither/yon plane control that gets adjusted PER VIEW (that's the important part) which could probably be accomplished through the Scenes pallette. Also, there is the ability to draw a polygon and change it's cut plane elevation only within that window, basically allowing for special circumstances like clerestory windows to be shown on a floor plan or reflected ceiling plan.

Archived