AutoDesSys

Emitters crashing FormZ ?

R2D2

Hi Pylon,

is there a known problem with emitter materials - or is this a wrong way of getting there: ?

On a new file (quick draw some surfaces , cubes etc.) when I add a material, choose material type "maxwell", then "material hint" emissive under the maxwell tab and then crank up the power (watts slider) Z crashes.

Thx

Hi R2

We are not aware of any issues with emitters. To help us resolve your issue,

1. Provide a simple sample file with and poveide steps to reproduce

2. Please run the command "Extensions> Maxwell Render> Forum" and post the resulting text here, so we can check your system info.

Hi Pylon,

the output is: Maxwell for formZ 3.2.0.4 (OSX) | form•Z® v 8.5.0.1 (Build 9661) | OS X Mach-O 10.10.4 Intel x86 64

The way it is reproducable for me: 

New file, (draw some geometry)

Make an emissive material.

Draw some rectangles and assign them the material.

Hit Fire

Drag the Watts slider in the materials pallette (try a couple of times).

I have now used mxm emitters and softbox lights, that works fine.

thanks

So I upgraded to 10.10.5, maxwell output is: Maxwell for formZ 3.2.0.4 (OSX) | form•Z® v 8.5.0.1 (Build 9661) | OS X Mach-O 10.10.5 Intel x86 64

Problems persist though: the process of making an emitter material (or using mxm), updating preview icons and adjusting using the materials pallette when Fire is on gives frequent crashes.

Any help appreciated ...

(from crashlog)

Application Specific Information:  
abort() called
*** error for object 0x7f9678ca0840: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

Hi R2,

We have been able to reproduce the issue with your file, thank you for submitting it. We will work to get this corrected.

For now, either:

a) Make your emitter material adjustments with Fire off

or

B) "Join" all emitter objects using the material together, yielding one object. (In my testing, it took 2 or more objects with the emitter material assigned to reproduce the issue.)

or

c) Use Light Type emitters, such as point or Softbox types, which do not exhibit the issue.

• 1 month later...

Archived