AutoDesSys

formZ to DWG multiple lines bug

Andre Conlledo

Hello, I'm having a hard time using formZ models for final blueprints mainly because I need files in DWG format. When I export image to DWG from fromZ 8 or formZ 8.5 in either hidden line or plain wireframe I get unclean lines and inaccurate geometry. I tried using formZ Layouts and even though the results are cleaner they still have the same problem. Please watch this video.

I'm uploading a zip file with some of the files shown on the video.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the 3D model with the clipping plane activated. I exported an image in both wireframe and hidden line and attached both files.

You'll find the multiple line issue on the hidden line export. To do so just zoom in to any intersecting lines as I did on the video. 

On formZ 8.5.0.1 build 9661 the wireframe export seems to have no problems. It's possible to clean this file and work with it in AutoCad but it takes a lot of work. Do you know how to clean the extra lines from AutoCad? I have tried several procedures but non of them delivers accurate results (probably something for Autodesk forums). 

formZbug.zip

Hi Andre, 

We have been able to reproduce this problem on certain computers.  Thanks for you report, we will get this corrected.

Try setting the object Attributes : Cross Section : Line Weight to 1 and see if that helps.  This method did not “fix” the problem 100% for us, but it did yield much better results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, this issue has now been corrected, and Export Image: DXF / DWG will no longer export duplicate lines.  Just update to 8.5.3 as discussed here:

http://forums.formz.com/index.php?/topic/3518-form•z-853-update-released/?p=11733

(Additional options as discussed above will be included in the future, but you should not get multiple lines any more...)

Archived