I needed to batch save-as old formZ files (I believe they were v6 or earlier). So I managed to modify an existing script (the one made for batch render) from the formZ 7 SDK.
Get the script:
Download--> unzip--> place the batch_save_as.fsb somewhere on your computer.
Loading the script:
Go to 'Extensions' Menu--> 'Run Utility' menu item--> Select the utility (batch_save_as.fsb).
Using the script:
The utility will ask you for a source folder, then a target folder. Then it will do the opening, saving as, and closing operations of all formZ projects files it finds.
- Source folder is where your formZ files are (theoretically the older version ones)
- Target folder is where all files will be saved.
- The script can find formZ files that are buried inside nested folders within the source folder. but it saves all new files in a single Target folder.
- The same files names are used.
It is not fancy by any means, but does the needed job. I really didn't spend much time cleaning the original batch render script. So I probably broke something somewhere. Anyhow, there is one minor issue:
Issue: Script will save a formZ file using the name of the Target folder.
Solution: You can just remove this file I guess-- it is redundant.
- Ability to choose whether the news files are created inside the folders they come from, and whether they should override original or be saved with a different name.
- If saved in a target, ability to recreate the same folder structure of the source, within the Target folder.
I tested the script on formZ 7 and 8.5 and it seems to work fine, on both Windows and OSX. (So I assume v8 should be covered).
Hope someone finds this useful.