AutoDesSys

3.1.99 MXED - referenced MXM files

setz

MXMs saved with MXED  V 3.1.99, when referenced, deliver "MXM cannot be read" message.

OSX 10.9.5

1. create a new material

2. assign a texture (FZ logo)

3. from maxwell tab "export mxm"

4. reply "okay" to "make ref...edit further in MXED"

5. update preview in MXED and save

6. in FZ click preview button - texture is not shown

7. click on folder icon to open and manually link saved MXM

8. "MXM cannot be read" message delivered

Hi Setz,

I am having an issue, but with the default formZ logo texture (that appears in the thumbnail before you click on the folder icon to select the bitmap texture you actually intend to use).

If you select a bitmap image for the texture, rather than use the 'unassigned' default formZ logo, does it then work for you?

If this is not the issue, can you send the texture(s) you are having issues with?

If I create a new material, drag FZ's "Brick 2" for example to the material, fire shows the material as expected.  I then export the mxm, resave and get the error msg again.  The same is true with a screen grab - file attached.

post-176-0-07070800-1441387119_thumb.png

I'm not able to reproduce this; it is working fine here.

Can you make sure you are running Beta Maxwell Render Suite 3.1.99.9 and Beta Plugin 3.2.0.2? Also, please make a test rendering and send the resulting Log so I can get a bit more info about your system.

Okay, Ugh.  Had an older version of the plug-in running.  When I downloaded 3.1.99.9 (08/03/15 and again on 08/04/15) their site didn't have the plugins available below the beta download the way it does today, It only had the buttons for the betas.  I incorrectly assumed it used the most recent plugin even though your post clearly states to download the newest plugin from that page.   Sorry my bad.  Regrets on wasting your time.

Archived