AutoDesSys

form Z8.5

Andre Conlledo

Never mind... I think I'll just have to wait for the 3.2 pluggin as stated on http://www.maxwellrender.com/betas/

"Important reminder: Please note that the new V3.2 beta is not compatible with older versions of Maxwell. For full compatibility you will also need to update the main Maxwell Render installer and the corresponding V3.2 plugins."

formZ 8.5 closes when I attempt to use fire with grass or scatter.

We are reproducing this in the beta. Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

It does! I can now use fire on files so long as they were created with formZ 8.5. I can't however use it on files created with earlier versions of formZ even if they've already been opened and saved using formZ8.5.

Not sure what you mean here, you will need to be more specific, and provide an example. There should be no problems opening/rendering older files with this version of Maxwell for formZ.

With the new Maxwell and the new fire plugin I can render within formZ8.5 for quick previews on new projects. On any project created with formZ8 regardless of complexity or file size the software crashes. I can, however, render images on Maxwell Render as long as they don't have scatter or grass.

Please watch this 

. This video is unlisted.

Computer info:

Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz + 16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Rev. 2 (Driver 3560)

Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) (Build 10240)

DirectX Version 12.0

Ok so after re-downlading and re-installing formZ 8.5 (build 9647) with Maxwell Render 3.1.99.9 with the plugin 3.2.0.2 I'm still having issues. I'll upload a video tomorrow but basically what is happening is simple: formZ crashes when I attempt to load any referenced textures. I can only use the fire render engine on some materials on files that already have the materials loaded. I can't send any renders to Maxwell Render without formZ crashing.

I also performed a clean install for my GPU following this guide.

Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz + 16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Rev. 2 (Driver 355.82)

Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) (Build 10240)

DirectX Version 12.0

When I installed Maxwell I got this message:

"Error registering MXM/MXI Explorer Thumbnails. You can register this library manually later executing mx_shell-register.bat in the shell subfolder of the Maxwell installation folder."

I'm not sure if this is somehow affecting formZ but I don't know where to take it from there. I couldn't find any files named "mx_shell-register.bat" .

I'm attaching a few files the one file that makes formZ crash out of the lot is the Maxwell Material "RENDER_black". 

test.zip

Hello Pylon, I'd love to get to the bottom of this. Is it possible to set up a Skype meeting? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm also having a hard time describing what's happening so it'd probably be better if I you see it real time via share-screen on a Skype call. I also made the terrible mistake to update all my MXM materials to Maxwell 3.2 without backing up my library so going back to Maxwell 3.0 doesn't sound good. 

Hi Andre,

Please keep in mind that this is the first beta in the 3.2 series. Issues will be resolved out as soon as users report them. We thank you for your help in testing; this is the process by which we make sure the public releases are pretty much bullet-proof.

Regarding the beta 3.2.0.2 open Referenced MXM on Windows issue: I have found that only MXMs with the 'Global' property set to a preset (such as 'opaque' or 'metal') exhibit this issue. If you convert the MXM to 'advanced' in MXED, save under a new filename, then reference the new MXM, does this allow you to work around the issue? (It did for me.) Thank you for your report, this will be corrected.

• 3 weeks later...

Andre,

Maxwell for formZ Early Build 3.2.0.3 has been released. The Referenced MXM on Windows issue should be resolved with this update.

(Make sure to use with Maxwell Render Suite 3.1.99.11, also found on the Early Builds page.)

Archived