32 replies to this topic

#21 emilym

emilym

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:44 AM

Hello,

Whenever I try to go into shaded full mode in this new version, my entire program freezes, including my entire computer and I have to force shutdown my entire laptop, and when I restart any unsaved work is lost.

I was wondering if there is any possible way to fix this or is it unfixable?

Thank you!

#22 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado, USA

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:11 AM

I would suggest setting shadow maps to Very Large or lower (Massive has caused my machine to completely lock as well).  Also turning off 2x multi sampling and Ambient Occulsion help as they are graphics card intensive.  What cpu/graphics card are you running?  

FormZ PRO v8.5.  2017 iMac 4.0 GHz quad core i7 24MB RAM and a 2015 Macbook Pro quad core i7 16MB RAM, Modern Architecture in Boulder and Denver Colorado www.ASONEarchitecture.com 

#23 rob

rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:17 PM

EM,

If you are on Windows, update your video driver by downloading it from the manufacturer's web site and installing.

You can also right click on Shaded Full, set all Maps to Small, and uncheck everything.  Then choose Shaded Full from the menu or tool bar.  

If you still have trouble, what card do you have, and what OS are you using?

Edited by rob, 05 September 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#24 diedel

diedel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:23 AM

Hello,

Whenever I try to go into shaded full mode in this new version, my entire program freezes, including my entire computer and I have to force shutdown my entire laptop, and when I restart any unsaved work is lost.

I was wondering if there is any possible way to fix this or is it unfixable?

Thank you!

Hi,

does your pc match the ADS form·Z 8 System requirements?

http://www.formz.com...ormzSystem.html

Mac OS X 10.11.1/iMac late 2015/FZ 8.5.2

#25 Alan Cooper

Alan Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBuckinghamshire, UK

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:57 PM

Registration issues on replacement computer and V8 files don't open in 8.5 trial version. Restriction disables legitimate users from their work.

I appreciate the need to prevent illegitimate use of the registered program, but restrictions are too severe on the basis that the restriction system is weak, being vulnerable to error.

It is legitimate for a user to install on 2 machines to make use more flexible with regards to different working locations.

The old usb dongle was an effective method to police the limitation, but with the move away to internet based licensing control has its weaknesses, and I believe it is actually a broken system because I uninstalled from a laptop which I will no longer use for my business, while connected to the internet, which should have sent a message to the licensing department, freeing up my ability to install on another laptop, but it will not register, and at this point am still waiting for support with this all day.

Please fix this problem, especially where files produced with V8 cannot be used in V8.5 trial edition. I am actually quite frustrated about this uncharacteristic breach in support especially as I am a family plan subscriber. To be able to get some work done in trial version would be a workaround, while waiting for support to get round to the issue.

FZ8.5 pro with Renderzone on Windows 7 64bit.

Family Plan.

#26 Alan Cooper

Alan Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:40 PM

Sorry, I just learned of the long labor day weekend in the US, which explains delay in getting back to me.

Plea to remove restriction in trial version remains, and especially on labor day weekends  ;)

Family Plan.

#27 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:45 AM

Hi Emilym,

Sorry you are having trouble.  Did updating your video driver and / or adjusting your Display Options as Rob suggests help?  Or does your card meet the requirements as Diedel asks?

Hi Alan,

Yes, a restriction of the Trial version is that it does not open files created on other computers.  If you ever get a new computer and want to move a license, please send the MAC Address of the computer you want to remove to support@formz.com so we can help with that.  (We will see if we can automate this process for the future.)

#28 diedel

diedel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:46 AM

Hi Diedel,

If the file is too big to email, you can use any of the internet delivery services like www.dropbox.com, or you can upload it to our FTP site:

name = dropbox
password = i8ugdl

If you have trouble logging in to the FTP site, please use a specific FTP client, such as FileZilla (Mac or Windows):  

If you do upload it to our FTP, please send us an email reply once the upload is complete and let us know the name of the file you have uploaded so we know to check it, and let us know if you have any further questions.

ZIP folder sent to support via FTP

Mac OS X 10.11.1/iMac late 2015/FZ 8.5.2

#29 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

Hi Diedel,

Thanks for sending your file.  

It appears that many lights casting shadows with certain video cards can be slower.  

Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

#30 Alan Cooper

Alan Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:53 PM

Hi Emilym,

Sorry you are having trouble.  Did updating your video driver and / or adjusting your Display Options as Rob suggests help?  Or does your card meet the requirements as Diedel asks?

Hi Alan,

Yes, a restriction of the Trial version is that it does not open files created on other computers.  If you ever get a new computer and want to move a license, please send the MAC Address of the computer you want to remove to support@formz.com so we can help with that.  (We will see if we can automate this process for the future.)

Hi Tech, thank you for quickly resolving the registration issue on the new laptop, which was effortless after you had 'flicked the switch'. Kind regards, Alan.

Family Plan.

#31 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

Hi Alan,

No problem, glad to help!

#32 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

Hi Diedel,

Thanks again for sending your file.  We have verified that the performance problem with your file was caused by our increasing the quality of the shadows, and this will be fixed for the next update (and instead of simply increasing the shadow map size on an existing file, we will instead add a higher quality setting that can be selected if desired (and supported by your video card).

For now, if you simply change the Shaded Full: Shadow Map Size to one setting lower, you should again have the same performance as you did in v8.0.  Does that "fix" it for you?

#33 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:08 AM

Hi Diedel et al,

The final release for the Shaded Full performance and other issues is now available here:

http://forums.formz....ate-released/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users