• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:49 AM

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 8.47.39 AM.jpg

form·Z Family plan members will receive their upgrade in a few days )

form·Z pro 8.5 released!   form·Z pro v8.5 introduces a new suite of creative design tools to enhance form generation. These tools offer a variety of ways to create new and interesting forms especially when combined with each other. These tools also work well with many existing form·Z pro tools like subdivision surfaces and deformations to make even more interesting forms. This new tools suite includes: Voronoi Diagram, Point Scatter, Surface Scatter, Volume Scatter, Parametric Map, Wrap, and Delaunay Triangulation.

The form·Z pro Layout environment has been migrated to its own app. The new form·Z pro Layout app includes numerous improvements plus a title block feature including a library of ready to use title blocks. The title block feature can auto-fill commonly used title block text from a user defined dictionary.

form·Z pro v8.5 includes an interface for the Augment reality app. With Augment, you can visualize your form·Z models in real world settings, at real size, in real time on OS X and Android mobile devices. See www.augmentedev.com for more details.

Click Here for full details on this new version.

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 8.48.01 AM.jpg  Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 8.47.56 AM.jpg  Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 8.47.49 AM.jpg

If you would like to sign up for the Trial, you can do so here:  http://www.formz.com...ialLanding.html

• etroxel, Surfnturf and barblaguna like this

#2 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:11 PM

There will also be a Webinar discussing these new features this Friday, August 28th.  See this link for more details:

http://forums.formz....friday/?p=7601

And you can download the full 8.5 documentation here if you like:

Attached File  8.5_Documentation.pdf   2.01MB   186 downloads

Enjoy!

• etroxel likes this

#3 dmuller

dmuller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

Will this be a free upgrade for users of 8.0.2 (I have only just bought my licence about 5 months ago)?

Regards, David.

#4 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:25 PM

If anyone has any questions about upgrade eligibility, please email sales@formz.com and include your serial number so we can help.

#5 DennisA

DennisA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:32 PM

So glad to get 8.5... & even happier to see that my 8.56b Presets, Workspaces & Templates came in.

#6 jwiede

jwiede

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:26 PM

AutoDesSys folks, it appears the Mac formZ 8.5 application isn't properly signed such that you show up as identified developers.  Right now, the only way to run 8.5 is by forcing OSX to allow code from unidentified developers to run, which is a rather substantial security risk.  Will this be addressed, and if so, how soon?

Edited by jwiede, 29 August 2015 - 03:27 PM.

#7 rob

rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:15 PM

Hey J,

I had this happen too and contacted them.  Apparently they are properly signed but Apple is having some issues with their authentication server.  Just right click: Open and choose Open again, or choose System Prefs: Security, Allow from Anywhere, then launch (and reset your system prefs afterwards) and you should be fine...

Bob.

#8 redrngr

redrngr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMaryland USA

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:18 AM

It was an Easy Fix for me. I went in to System Preferences and I Selected the Security and Privacy Tab and then I changed to Opening Apps from All Developers and then formZ 8.5 Pro Install was seamlessly.

I am running Mac OS 10.10.5 on My Top line 27" iMac-2014 and formZ 8.5 Pro Runs Perfectly on my computer.

Dan S.

#9 redrngr

redrngr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMaryland USA

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:44 AM

That Should Be System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Select the General Tab at top of the Dialog/Now Select Under "Allow Apps Download From" and change after you type in Your Computer password, Select the last Option "Allow Downloads from Anywhere".

Then you should be good to go.

Dan S.

Edited by redrngr, 30 August 2015 - 05:45 AM.

#10 diedel

diedel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:18 AM

Hi, 

FormZ "Pro" (Build 9647) remains unregistered / expired trial copy. Yet deleted the ADS folder in user lib but to no avail. Registration button stays dimmed.

btw. the linked dmg "formZ_85_Pro_OSX.dmg" file enclosed in the mail for the family plan users shows after mounting "formZ 8" … ?

For weighty reasons i renamed this folder to formZ 8.5 before copying to the app folder.

Mac OS X 10.10.5

Mac OS X 10.11.1/iMac late 2015/FZ 8.5.2

#11 diedel

diedel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:41 AM

Shaded full display is as like the other previous betas extreme lame - unusable. V 8.0.2 is way faster/snappier.

Mac OS X 10.10.5, ATI Radeon HD 5770 1Gig vram

#12 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:46 AM

Hi JWeide,

Yes, there is currently an issue with the Apple Authentication servers that can give that message for some.  Rest assured that formZ is indeed properly signed -- and AutoDesSys is registered as an authenticated Developer with Apple.  

If necessary, you can work around this issue by right clicking on the formZ.app, choosing Open, and then clicking Open again as Rob suggests.  Or if that is not working for you, you can do as Dan notes and go to the System Prefs: Security, (Unlock it), and choosing Allow Apps from Anywhere.  (Then after launching formZ for the first time, reset the prefs as you like.)

Diedel,

You need to have at least a New Project open in order to register.  If Register is grayed out once you have selected File: New Project, try Check for Update, which will force it to try to connect to the internet.  Then you can Cancel the Update, and choose Register.  Does that help?

We are not sure why you would say that 8.5 is slower than 8.0.  In general it should be better and faster.  If you have a file where this is not the case, please send it to us so we can take a look.

#13 diedel

diedel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:43 AM

Diedel,

You need to have at least a New Project open in order to register.  If Register is grayed out once you have selected File: New Project, try Check for Update, which will force it to try to connect to the internet.  Then you can Cancel the Update, and choose Register.  Does that help?

We are not sure why you would say that 8.5 is slower than 8.0.  In general it should be better and faster.  If you have a file where this is not the case, please send it to us so we can take a look.

Interesting procedure. My individual prefs are adjusted to no action on app start (aka no new project window). Following the info on the splash screen "unregistered copy…" i was taken in the wrong direction. It took me only 1 hour to yield a solution.

I wiped out the older beta stuff and prefs and folders and copied the newer one once again.

Feel free to inspect the file i'll send you (slow full shaded behaviour FZ8.5.zip), but my FZ ftp login is out of date… Won't send it by mail cause it's to big. 

#14 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

Hi Diedel,

If the file is too big to email, you can use any of the internet delivery services like www.dropbox.com, or you can upload it to our FTP site:

name = dropbox
password = i8ugdl

If you have trouble logging in to the FTP site, please use a specific FTP client, such as FileZilla (Mac or Windows):  

If you do upload it to our FTP, please send us an email reply once the upload is complete and let us know the name of the file you have uploaded so we know to check it, and let us know if you have any further questions.

#15 archX

archX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

A few days ago, after formZ updated itself, I started getting a window telling me the software will expire on 9/11. I have attempted to re-register several times, each time a window opens reading "formZ has been successfully registered" and to click so formZ could finish the registration. On relaunch each time I get continue to get the expiration notice. I sent a note to sales but no one has responded, what do I do?

thanks,

Blair

fZ SE v.8.5

#16 rob

rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:16 PM

Hey Blair,

Go to the formZ 8 SE Download area and download the official release version of 8.5.

(You are apparently still running the Beta...)

#17 archX

archX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:32 PM

Thanks Rob, you're right, it is a beta. I don't know how to get to the formZ 8 SE download area, last time they sent me a link.

#18 rob

rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:24 PM

Same link.  Check your email?

#19 archX

archX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:22 PM

Hey, that worked--expiration gone! Thanks Rob!

#20 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:47 AM

Yes, Beta versions Always expire.  If anyone has not yet received the link for the updated version, please contact sales@formz.com and include your serial number with your query.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users