AutoDesSys

form·Z pro 8.5 released!

Tech

post-5-0-61769900-1440679733_thumb.jpg

form·Z Family plan members will receive their upgrade in a few days )

form·Z pro 8.5 released!   form·Z pro v8.5 introduces a new suite of creative design tools to enhance form generation. These tools offer a variety of ways to create new and interesting forms especially when combined with each other. These tools also work well with many existing form·Z pro tools like subdivision surfaces and deformations to make even more interesting forms. This new tools suite includes: Voronoi Diagram, Point Scatter, Surface Scatter, Volume Scatter, Parametric Map, Wrap, and Delaunay Triangulation.

The form·Z pro Layout environment has been migrated to its own app. The new form·Z pro Layout app includes numerous improvements plus a title block feature including a library of ready to use title blocks. The title block feature can auto-fill commonly used title block text from a user defined dictionary.

form·Z pro v8.5 includes an interface for the Augment reality app. With Augment, you can visualize your form·Z models in real world settings, at real size, in real time on OS X and Android mobile devices. See www.augmentedev.com for more details.

Click Here for full details on this new version.

post-5-0-23764500-1440679778_thumb.jpg  post-5-0-77736100-1440679778_thumb.jpg  post-5-0-31935000-1440679779_thumb.jpg

If you would like to sign up for the Trial, you can do so here:  http://www.formz.com/home/trialLanding.html

AutoDesSys folks, it appears the Mac formZ 8.5 application isn't properly signed such that you show up as identified developers.  Right now, the only way to run 8.5 is by forcing OSX to allow code from unidentified developers to run, which is a rather substantial security risk.  Will this be addressed, and if so, how soon?

Hey J,

I had this happen too and contacted them.  Apparently they are properly signed but Apple is having some issues with their authentication server.  Just right click: Open and choose Open again, or choose System Prefs: Security, Allow from Anywhere, then launch (and reset your system prefs afterwards) and you should be fine...

Bob.

It was an Easy Fix for me. I went in to System Preferences and I Selected the Security and Privacy Tab and then I changed to Opening Apps from All Developers and then formZ 8.5 Pro Install was seamlessly.

I am running Mac OS 10.10.5 on My Top line 27" iMac-2014 and formZ 8.5 Pro Runs Perfectly on my computer.

Dan S.

That Should Be System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Select the General Tab at top of the Dialog/Now Select Under "Allow Apps Download From" and change after you type in Your Computer password, Select the last Option "Allow Downloads from Anywhere".

Then you should be good to go.

Dan S.

Hi, 

FormZ "Pro" (Build 9647) remains unregistered / expired trial copy. Yet deleted the ADS folder in user lib but to no avail. Registration button stays dimmed.

btw. the linked dmg "formZ_85_Pro_OSX.dmg" file enclosed in the mail for the family plan users shows after mounting "formZ 8" … ?

For weighty reasons i renamed this folder to formZ 8.5 before copying to the app folder.

Mac OS X 10.10.5

Hi JWeide,

Yes, there is currently an issue with the Apple Authentication servers that can give that message for some.  Rest assured that formZ is indeed properly signed -- and AutoDesSys is registered as an authenticated Developer with Apple.  

If necessary, you can work around this issue by right clicking on the formZ.app, choosing Open, and then clicking Open again as Rob suggests.  Or if that is not working for you, you can do as Dan notes and go to the System Prefs: Security, (Unlock it), and choosing Allow Apps from Anywhere.  (Then after launching formZ for the first time, reset the prefs as you like.)

Diedel,

You need to have at least a New Project open in order to register.  If Register is grayed out once you have selected File: New Project, try Check for Update, which will force it to try to connect to the internet.  Then you can Cancel the Update, and choose Register.  Does that help?

We are not sure why you would say that 8.5 is slower than 8.0.  In general it should be better and faster.  If you have a file where this is not the case, please send it to us so we can take a look.

Diedel,

You need to have at least a New Project open in order to register.  If Register is grayed out once you have selected File: New Project, try Check for Update, which will force it to try to connect to the internet.  Then you can Cancel the Update, and choose Register.  Does that help?

We are not sure why you would say that 8.5 is slower than 8.0.  In general it should be better and faster.  If you have a file where this is not the case, please send it to us so we can take a look.

Interesting procedure. My individual prefs are adjusted to no action on app start (aka no new project window). Following the info on the splash screen "unregistered copy…" i was taken in the wrong direction. It took me only 1 hour to yield a solution.

I wiped out the older beta stuff and prefs and folders and copied the newer one once again.

Feel free to inspect the file i'll send you (slow full shaded behaviour FZ8.5.zip), but my FZ ftp login is out of date… Won't send it by mail cause it's to big. 

Hi Diedel,

If the file is too big to email, you can use any of the internet delivery services like www.dropbox.com, or you can upload it to our FTP site:

name = dropbox
password = i8ugdl

If you have trouble logging in to the FTP site, please use a specific FTP client, such as FileZilla (Mac or Windows):  

If you do upload it to our FTP, please send us an email reply once the upload is complete and let us know the name of the file you have uploaded so we know to check it, and let us know if you have any further questions.

A few days ago, after formZ updated itself, I started getting a window telling me the software will expire on 9/11. I have attempted to re-register several times, each time a window opens reading "formZ has been successfully registered" and to click so formZ could finish the registration. On relaunch each time I get continue to get the expiration notice. I sent a note to sales but no one has responded, what do I do?

thanks,

Blair

fZ SE v.8.5

Hello,

Whenever I try to go into shaded full mode in this new version, my entire program freezes, including my entire computer and I have to force shutdown my entire laptop, and when I restart any unsaved work is lost.

I was wondering if there is any possible way to fix this or is it unfixable?

Thank you!

I would suggest setting shadow maps to Very Large or lower (Massive has caused my machine to completely lock as well).  Also turning off 2x multi sampling and Ambient Occulsion help as they are graphics card intensive.  What cpu/graphics card are you running?  

EM,

If you are on Windows, update your video driver by downloading it from the manufacturer's web site and installing.

You can also right click on Shaded Full, set all Maps to Small, and uncheck everything.  Then choose Shaded Full from the menu or tool bar.  

If you still have trouble, what card do you have, and what OS are you using?

Hello,

Whenever I try to go into shaded full mode in this new version, my entire program freezes, including my entire computer and I have to force shutdown my entire laptop, and when I restart any unsaved work is lost.

I was wondering if there is any possible way to fix this or is it unfixable?

Thank you!

Hi,

does your pc match the ADS form·Z 8 System requirements?

http://www.formz.com/products/formz/formzSystem.html

Registration issues on replacement computer and V8 files don't open in 8.5 trial version. Restriction disables legitimate users from their work.

I appreciate the need to prevent illegitimate use of the registered program, but restrictions are too severe on the basis that the restriction system is weak, being vulnerable to error.

It is legitimate for a user to install on 2 machines to make use more flexible with regards to different working locations.

The old usb dongle was an effective method to police the limitation, but with the move away to internet based licensing control has its weaknesses, and I believe it is actually a broken system because I uninstalled from a laptop which I will no longer use for my business, while connected to the internet, which should have sent a message to the licensing department, freeing up my ability to install on another laptop, but it will not register, and at this point am still waiting for support with this all day.

Please fix this problem, especially where files produced with V8 cannot be used in V8.5 trial edition. I am actually quite frustrated about this uncharacteristic breach in support especially as I am a family plan subscriber. To be able to get some work done in trial version would be a workaround, while waiting for support to get round to the issue.

Archived