AutoDesSys

form•Z 8.5 Beta5 now available (build 9593)

Tech

We are pleased to announce that the formZ 8.5 Beta5 version is now available.  This update includes a number corrections and enhancements to issues that were reported, including a fix for certain Smooth Modeling operations and STEP Import for Windows, Updating of Maxwell Material icons, and other corrections

To Update, just use the formZ Help Menu: Check for Update command to automatically update your software.  If you have any issues with the automatic updates, if you have waited until your Beta version has expired, or if you haven't tried the beta yet, you can download the already updated version here:

http://www.formz.com...e_App_Only.html

Documentation, Title Blocks for Layout, and Tutorials are also available at the link above.

Please contact us at support@formz.com with any feedback or issues.

Enjoy!

Thanks - and the Auto update went smoothly. Oddly this is the first time in ages I have not had to download the actual install files for an update. My auto updates for v7 & v8 have been fraught with difficulties and failures - so whatever happened is unexpectedly good :)

I really appreciate the way you have been running this current beta program and especially your quick support responses!

This is a great update, the awkward old dwg files which failed in 8.5.4 are coming in fine in this update, and clipping planes working well with my graphics card / unusual 18.4inch laptop display which was bad in 8.02.

Mainly imho needs the user interface sorting out to save wasted space, but technically, we now have a very solid design tool indeed in 18.5! Thanks!

Hi Nano,

Glad the update worked well for you.  We have not had other reports of patching issues -- unless you have files in your formZ folder that have read only permissions.  Perhaps you should make sure that you have read / write permissions before applying the updates in the future?

Hi Alan,

Good to hear that this update solves the issues you were having, and we will continue working on the interface with 8.5 and 9...

I have not been able to updated through the software updated feature. So I went to the link to download, It transferred all my registration information, but when I try to register the update I get the error that I must be connected to the internet, which I am.

PC 64 version

Hi Flakie,

It sounds like your firewall is blocking formZ from connecting (which would also prevent the "finding" of the update).  If you are unable to adjust your firewall settings to allow formZ to connect, please click the initial Register button, then in the Register Dialog, hold down your ALT key and click Register -- and follow the additional instructions to register without a direct internet connection.

Hi Andre,

Please send an email to support@formz.com and include full details including a file that is not exporting for you, the resolution and display mode you are trying to use, what operating system and video card you have, and if you are on Windows, the date of the video driver so we can help.

Hi Charles,

Yes, we are an identified developer, and we have verified this message is appearing incorrectly.  You can simply right click on the formz.app, choose Open, and then click Open again to get it to run, but of course you shouldn't have to do that.  Thanks for your report, we are currently investigating this.

Hi - had an odd one today with beta 5 on the Mac where all the working palletes first got displaced and over wrote each other and would not scroll or open and then went grey and disappeared when i tried to open or move them. I reset workspace and nothing changed - then reset all workspaces and still nothing.

The modelling space was working oK and I could move about and render zone etc with no issues. ie. viewpoint and model etc.

Quit and restarted and all clear and ok again.

Unrepeated so far and hard to diagnose.

But thought it was worth mentioning.

I'm finding no other issues currently with the modelling and rendering side of it.

Had only a few oddities with joining a few lines to make surfaces which were all eventually resolved when I did them a different way.

I like that there are usually several alternatives for deriving profiles and intersections etc.

three issues to report:

* there is still an old bug which makes all normals of a component flip when the component is mirrored! this has been reported several times in the past.

* i also found that when in shaded work mode, showing face normals in opengl slows down the display enormously. in this case i have the display inside components, not sure if this does matter. with a geforce 980ti card, the rotation of that fassade is very sluggish.

* also carried over from older versions is the problem that when one component with 'show normals' is activated or highlighted, SOME other normals in unhilited components are highligted as well.

see screenshot for all three issues.

post-89-0-55167800-1438761899_thumb.png

Archived