New plugins for Bonzai3d, formZ 7, formZ 8 JR, formZ 8 Pro are available. This free upgrade offers many improvements and fixes.
Make sure to download and install the latest version of Maxwell Render Suite (18.104.22.168) at the same time.
The "Maxwell for formZ 8" plugins are compatible with both the publicly released formZ 8.0.2 and the latest formZ 8.5 betas.
• New 'Alpha Channels' interface for creating alpha channels from any combination of layers, objects, and materials. Replaces 'Layer Channels' feature. (Maxwell Display Options, Image Tab )
• Extra Sampling support.
• Render Area Rectangle support. (Maxwell Display Options, Image Tab ) (formZ 8.1+)
• Scenes with Referenced MXS now render significantly faster.
• MXS References can be non-uniformly and negatively scaled during placement, and edited after via the RMXS scale parameter. (Pick Tool Options, Parameters tab )
• Optimized and improved Autotranslated material hints for AGS and metals. (To match hints in previous versions of the plugin, adjust "Hint Version" in Extensions > Maxwell Render > Project Settings...)
• Added "Frosted Glass" material hint
• Added "Mirror" material hint
• Option to make all objects with Autotranslated AGS Glass hidden from Global Illumination. (Maxwell Display Options, Scene Tab )
• Option to randomize Autotranslated material ID colors. (Extensions > Maxwell Render > Project Settings...)
• Option to change all Autotranslated materials to 'Matte' or 'Realistic Match' in one go. (Extensions > Maxwell Render > Project Settings...)
• Referenced MXM 'Update Shaded' allows mapping of bump channel (formZ 8.0+)
• Added additional 'hide' flags to formZ Lights
• Additional "Vertical Ratio parameter" in Maxwell Sea allows for more control of calm seas
• Referenced MXS placed at the world origin (0,0,0) will now render correctly.
• Geometry is no longer clipped when in axonometric views with certain view parameters.
• Framing corrected in axonometic views with certain view parameters. (If a saved view appears incorrect in Fire, enable Fire-- or export the scene-- then save the view again.)
• Certain imported objects from Sketchup no longer cause export errors.
• Channel files written in format/bit depth as specified in image pulldown.
• Grass and Scatter Density parameter now converted correctly when preset is loaded into project with different units.
• Grass MXM file selector now works correctly even if existing path is invalid.