AutoDesSys

Network render Optimisation Question: Urgent!

Spacer

Hi,

I have two machines under W7 64 bit with Maxwell 2.7

I model on one of the two machines, so that I cannot launch cooperative renderings over the network if i need to be working on my model as well.

SO I was wondering what the best scenario would be.

1.) For example when I go to sleep Ican I start a coop render,then in the morning stop one of the machines, let the other keep rending and then later combine Merge the MXI's manually?

2.)Does a coop render still work if I do this? I mean will the two files which have rendered for different amounts of time and to two different SL's actually still combine to make a higher SL?

3.) What if I start a render on one machine, then start the same render on another and combine those two MXI's later? Will that work like a cooperative render?

Otherwise, is there an easy way to  get Maxwell to only use part of my CPU and RAM(16gigs) on the one machine leavingme some power to keep modelling?

any other ideas?

Thanks, Much appreciated.

Peter

Otherwise, is there an easy way to  get Maxwell to only use part of my CPU and RAM(16gigs) on the one machine leavingme some power to keep modelling?

In the render Node application, you can change the Priority and number of threads to use in Preferences:

post-32-0-87978900-1430165987_thumb.png

Here is more information on Cooperative renders and Merging:

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/mxdocsv3/Cooperative+rendering.+The+Merging+process

You could also try posting on the Maxwell forum; they have a forum specifically for network render questions.

Archived