AutoDesSys

Attention

I use the Maxwell plugin's 'Focus Camera' (shortcutted) to do something similar; the COI is moved to the average distance of the selected objects/faces/segments/points. After, when you tumble using set view interactive, the camera will orbit those entities.

Hi ben

Hi Ztech

Fit tool work but we need a shortcut for the option "selected entities only"

(I just have to move the COI in the actual view from a shortcut)

I use the attention script independently from the fit tool

Thanks to Ben "The Focus Camera command focuses the camera on the plane of selected entities (individual or multiple objects, segments, points, etc.) Unlike form•Z's Fit All command, Focus Camera leaves the view cropping and orientation unchanged."

I've tried the focus camera command.

Perhaps I've missed something here but this command do not works as espected

(I havn't maxwell installed.. only the plugin)

Don't konw if this is the problem but when I launch the command on a set of point in example the COI is not moved;..

Ps

I have my laptop with Z8 with me today..

Hi JL

The view framing will not appear to have moved-- that's the idea. However, if you open the View Parameters palette and issue the command on different entities, you will see that the COI is changing. Also, the view will then tumble around that point. It is not exactly the same as the Attention script... but I found that what I needed with the Attention was the ability to tumble around selected objects, and this accomplishes the same thing.

Hi Ben

Thank you for infos

This not works with a single point as this command do not move the COI to a single point...

IE:

(units meters)

With a given COI (-24.5;11;17) and Eye point at (-50;-90,70)

the command applied to a specific point (8;-16;5) move the COI at (-28.856;1.667;121.897)

(the eye point is not moved)

and then I do not turn around the the chosen point as COI with the direct set view (or set view tool)

Of course, I suppose this result is attempted as this command doesn't modify the framing...

This command works much better with a face or average of points...

Finally :

1-fit tool suppose option selection not shorcutted

2-fit tool move completely the view

3-focus camera command works correctly with "multi points geometry", not with single point and only for Maxwell users

Suggestion

I think it could be useful to get in Z8 default a shorcutted command to move the COI to a point or multi point geometry without fit (even if the camera framing is moved during the operation)

In other words to the question "Was there additional functionality that Attention offered that you wanted?"

The answer is : moving the COI to a geometry included single point with a direct shortcut

JL

I just tested 'Focus Camera' again, and it is working with single points for its intended purpose. (However, it does not change the camera framing, so it doesn't sound like it is exactly what you need.)

Well

After further investigations 'focus camera' command works fine.

But because the COI is not exactly moved on the geometry picked (particularly with single point) in some cases the rotation with the set view tool or direct set view doesn't do exactly what I want : the area I want to look carefully leave the field...

So,  in most cases the 'focus command' do the job and yes it's a good workaround.

I will set it in place of my favorite script with the same shortcut.

I do not understand why all old scripts are lost with new versions.

What are the reasons?

Thank

JL

JL, I Am waiting for the SDK to be released, should be fairly straight forward to modify the original script.

The new SDK is different than the previous, hence breaking the compatibility. IMHO, this will be a good thing in the long run, and will be worth it.

Cheers,

Chris Lund

Archived