AutoDesSys

Components moving on their own

AsOne

in version 7 on Mac OS 10.9.5:

I create a new component.  

Save it to the file only (not to the main formZ library).

Place the new component.

Make a few copies in different spots in my model.

Save the file and close the program...

...open FormZ again

and some, but not all of my components have moved.

?

Hi Paul,

We saw one case before whereby using Repeat Copy with Components could potentially do this.  Is that your issue?  If so, use Copy, Multi-Copy, or Continuous Copy instead and it should not happen.

If it is anything else that is causing this, please send an email with the file, and any steps or other information that you have regarding this so we can investigate the issue.

• 2 months later...

This just happened to me this morning with a load of palisade fencing components when I opened FormZ 8.0.2.

I had used duplication offset, then move and rotate (X & Y) and move again in the Z. Today they are all over the place.

The original palisade fence component was first created in v6.x.x, then opened and re-saved in v8.0.2 before placing.

As you can see here they are in the wrong place, they are supposed to follow the site edge (brownish area).

It's interesting that other components in the file (Trees) are still in their proper places.

It happened to me earlier in the year on another file, I ended up re-placing them and exploding to be sure they wouldn't move again.

If I open the component, it's still in it's right place in relation to the origin.

Des

post-16-0-65547800-1435915247_thumb.jpg

Hi Des,

Thanks for posting your file.  We can see that your components appear to be in the wrong location, but with working with your file, we have not been able to get this to happen.  Was this a one time thing, or are you able to make this happen again?  If you can reproduce it, can you give us any more details on the Place Options -- or anything else that you are doing to cause this?

Thanks for getting back Tech. I finished that job, so haven't seen anything happening with it again after I moved them back into position.

TBH, I have a sneaking suspicion that it's something to do with components created in older versions of Fz and reused, but I could be wrong.

If it happens again, I'll try to give you more inf...

Des

Archived