AutoDesSys

Instances in the plugin?

Des

Hi Pylon,

I was wondering if in the future you will be adding the function of a "convert components to instances' to the MaxwellZ plugin? I seem to remember it was included in an earlier iteration.

It would be a great feature if you could, especially for very detailed components.

Thanks and regards,

Des

Hi Des,

There is an issue with the formZ SDK which is holding up implementation of components-to-instances [ADS-issue #4]. I will check with ADS and see if any progress has been made on that issue.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Is this the same subject as the way the SketchUp Maxwell plugin handles Proxies?

If you haven't seen it, in SU you can use a component (not a referenced MXS) with "_proxy" at the end of the name of the component and place them throughout the scene. When you send it to FIRE or Maxwell Render, the component is automatically replaced by another component with the same name, just without the "_proxy". It seems like a nice solution to having low resolution, real geometry in the scene but having it swap at render time with a high res version. 

This is useful also for basic shaded renders (not Maxwell) where all geometry is in place in addition to having Maxwell renders of the scene. The current method of using MXS references doesn't allow for basic shaded renders because the instances are either bounding boxes or point clouds.

Archived