AutoDesSys

V8 Interface issues - guides

-andrew-

Hi everyone,

Just upgraded from 7 to 8 this morning. 

Not a power use so I haven't noticed this before - guide color doesn't work. No matter what I select (or leave default to magenta in a custom setup), the guides are black.

Secondly, the guide display is quite messed up for me - v7 shows even, dashed lines (though I found guide color doesn't work there, either) - in v8, they change display quality and dash "style" based on zoom level.

Am I missing something or is this possibly a display issue base on my card? (2010 iMac, ATI Radeon HD 5750)

thanks,

Andrew

Andrew... I am getting same results as you (never noticed guide color options)

They do not hold dashed style when zooming especially in wire frame & shaded full

I have a different computer then you so it probably is not your card & computer

Upon investigation. As you draw guide it is the color as per x & y axis... z is black.

Unless guides are manually created on a guide layer you can control them with layer option visibly etc.

May be a good option for automatic Guide layer option... where user has a choice of guides only be created on that layer and automatically goes to layer once guide tool is chosen. An option to clear all guides (similar to Ghosted objects)

Gentlemen,

The Appearance Guide Color is only for the Automatic Guides.  The Permanent Guides are expected to be black, and if you Pick them and look in the Attribute Tab, the only Attribute is their layer.  We will see if we can add a Color Attribute for these, in addition to the other suggestions in the future...

Got it. Well... that's a little confusing!

I didn't know the guides were considered to be "permanent" as I can move and delete them at will.... ;)

Anyway - I'd very much like to change guide color. Not sure why they're "expected" to be black as they are easily lost in other drawing elements sometimes. I'd love to be able to draft traditionally (or at least as I always did), with light blue guides.

Big vote for guide colors.

thanks,

Andrew

Any progress here?

I'm also (on the same computer) having a very difficult time with guides when I'm in views other then wireframe - they appear/disappear seemingly randomly based on zoom and viewing angle. They will sometimes seem to be behind an object face's plane, then if the view is rotated a little bit, they appear properly.

Again - I'm assuming it's a graphics card issue or something like that, but needless to say it's tough to work with.

thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Yes, it is a graphics issue that we are working on and only appears to affect certain ATI cards.  Hopefully we can find a solution soon, but this wasn't at all unusable on ours, just a little "ugly" or "annoying."  The performance on your laptop should actually be better than that of your iMac.  If you are finding situations where this is difficult on your iMac, does just using the laptop work better in general for you for now?

Archived