AutoDesSys

Can't import Sketchup model into Formz 8....what happened?

Du_man

Can anyone tell me why I no longer can import sketchup models into FormZ 8?  I was able to import this morning as normal...... but as I was working this afternoon, I tried to import, but now I can't see the files as available and when I force the import, I get nothing in my new file. Did I corrupt something?

Hi Derek,

If you have not done so already, try downloading a fresh copy of formZ from the link Rob provides.  

If that does not solve it, check your Extensions Menu: Extensions Manager, scroll to the bottom, and verify that the SKP Plugin has not been turned off.

If that's not it, try resetting your preferences by Quitting formZ, and renaming the autodessys folder.  (Just add an X to the end of the name of the folder.)

On a Mac, click on the Desktop, click on the Go Menu, hold down the Option key, choose the Library folder that appears below HOME, then go to Library: Preferences:

On Windows, this is located in C:\users\[uSER]\AppData\Roaming\

If you have any further trouble, please send the .SKP file you are trying to import to us so we can test it here.

Dear GTD,

Did you reset the preferences and download a clean copy of formZ as described above?

And if that did / does not fix it, what operating system are you using (and if it is Windows, is it formZ 32 or 64, what video card do you have, and what is the date of its driver)?

My colleague re-saved his original sketchup files & they now import perfectly into 8.0.2. He is now in the Mac environment not Parallels, so that might have been the culprit --who knows?

I found the cause of this issue. The folder where I was holding the sketchup files had somehow became corrupt  Once I took the file out of folder, it opens. The was no unusual characters visible in the folder name.

Archived