AutoDesSys

Component question

wjo53

Another newbie question...about components, or their materials more precisely...

In the attached jpg, I placed a Norway Maple first.  A new Material was created automatically, with that name.

Then I tried placing other objects from the Realisic Trees library.  The outline appears to be correct for the chosen trees, but subsequent materials for newly placed trees default back to the Norway Maple, leaving Component Guy scratching his head.

???

John

post-388-0-28450100-1422228021_thumb.jpg

John.

Do you have Use Current Material checked in Tool Options -Place Component Pallet?

If so un check it and place a new component.

Just tried it.  It's unchecked.  8 different trees, 8 different shapes, 1 texture.  The component textures are all there (on disk, in the component folder), they just default to the first one placed.

John

post-388-0-60133000-1422235452_thumb.jpg

Ok.  Thanks.  Have some results.

The first jpg (your tree file.jpg) is what I see when I open your supplied file.  I notice your materials are present for each, yet only one displays.

The second jpg (first 12.jpg) is what I see loading the first 12 realistic tree components.

The third jpg is a screen grab of the first 24 fmz files from the component folder - illustrating that each has the correct material.

The fmz file of the first 12 trees is too large for this.  Send via email?

John

post-388-0-23447200-1422295469_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-10680700-1422295502_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-08657700-1422295512_thumb.jpg

Hi John,

If you are getting the error with our file, it is not necessary to send yours. This indicates that the problem is with your installation and not the file itself.

Delete your formZ folder, download formZ once more, disable virus detection software, and then reinstall.

Do not install any third party plugins, and test the issue by opening our file.

If that is working then you can install Maxwell Render if you like (also make sure you are using the latest version) and test our file once more.  Is the issue still fixed for you?

Also make sure your video driver is up to date for best results (although that is not related to this issue).

Ok. 

Deleted old installation, components included.

Rebooted.  Re-installed with A/V disabled.

Reinstall with file named 'Install_formZ_8_Pro_64.exe (Digital Sig timestamp November-06-14 1:57:51 PM)

Upgraded to 8.0.1, let it do the search for upgrade to 8.0.2  Re-registered.

Maxwell not installed.  Video's up-to-date.  Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 (main) + Geforce GT 640 (secondary) - driver 347.25  Win7-64

All formZ program settings at default state.

First screen grab is the uneditted version of your file, second is one of mine.

John

post-388-0-63666800-1422304219_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-99952000-1422304231_thumb.jpg

Hi John,

If you downloaded from the original page we sent to you when we sent you your v8 codes, then you should have gotten formZ 8.0.2 directly and not needed to do an update.  

The installer for the Windows 64 bit version should be dated 1/20/2015.  Perhaps you accidentally grabbed the wrong one from your Downloads folder?

Alternately, if you can't find that link, please email us directly and we can give it to you.

Hi John,

Perhaps you have something corrupted in your Preferences?  If you Quit formZ, go to your USER: App Data: Roaming folder and rename the autodessys folder (add a number to the end of the name), and then reopen our file, does that fix it for you?

If not, please give us a call at 614 488-8838 during our business hours and we will do an online meeting to see if we can determine why you would have this issue.

Archived