form•Z 8.0.2 Update Now Available

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

form•Z v8.0.2 has been released. Updates are available for form•Z proform•Z jrform•Z free and the form•Z Student Edition. You can update your software by selecting Check for Updates in the Help Menu in form•Z and following the prompts for downloading and patching. Details on what is new in this version can be found here:

Attached File  formZ 8.0.2 release notes.pdf   3.13MB   2643 downloads

If you are unable to update with this method, please refer to the original email you received with the product download details to download and insall this latest version directly from the release page.  (If you have any questions regarding features or installation, please contact support@formz.com or call us at 614-488-8838 between 9am - 6pm EST.)

• DADA_universe, Welchrisk, Ridalljor and 9 others like this

#2 Des

Des

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for that.. Wow, a lot fixed in that list!

The new hidden line options and the centroid options look great. I'll be updating in a couple of hours  ;)

#3 DennisA

DennisA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

Looking forward to this update...

Thanks

#4 DennisA

DennisA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

One of the fixes in the notes: User Components still have .fmz files in Component Manager (These were from 8.0.1 project)

Any suggestion getting rid of them? 

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 6.58.28 PM.png

#5 rob

rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:59 PM

Hi Dennis,

I just deleted them and they have not come back...

Edited by rob, 20 January 2015 - 09:59 PM.

#6 3dworks

3dworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:17 AM

thanks for the update, but i still cannot store correctly my 2 screen workspace. any attempt to save a workspace with only 2 top icon rows only will fail. when FZ starts up again, always 3 rows are displayed and tool palettes not at their position, as reported previously several times.

Skype-20150121-102024.jpg

Edited by 3dworks, 21 January 2015 - 04:32 AM.

• AHDD Designer likes this

3dworks visual computing + photography

#7 3dworks

3dworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:27 AM

LOVE this one "Dragging and dropping a 3D import file to the dock icon will now allow you to import the file on Macintosh."

maybe this could have been extended to import a 3d file also if dragged to any active FZ project window.

• Justin Montoya likes this

3dworks visual computing + photography

#8 Bo Atkinson

Bo Atkinson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMaine USA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

I tried direct download and seemed to have received version 8.0.1… Unfortunately the fact that it was 8.0.1 and not 8.0.2 was not noticed by me until after the installation was started up and checked for version info…

Next i got my non-internet- formZ-machine plugged into ethernet and tried the update….

Now i get the message:

"formZ failed one or more security check and cannot be updated. Make sure copy is installed correctly and registered."

My 8.0.1 has been registered with my name and still indicates it is registered, but perhaps it disapproved the way it was re-installed.

I am a family member, please advise next step to update given this circumstance.

Thanks

#9 DennisA

DennisA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:22 AM

Bo...
You could try to download original 8.0 and then update.
In the past Fmz usually has a link to installf the complete version 8.0.2... When tech gets in they can direct you to it.

#10 DennisA

DennisA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:25 AM

Rob,
Will give it another try and see if delete works. There were also empty spaces that I will try to delete in user components.
Thanks

#11 DennisA

DennisA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:28 AM

Bo,
Forgot about activations. You may have to get the existing deactivated if you have more then 2 copies per liscense.

#12 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

Hi Gentlemen,

Glad you are liking the Update!

Hi Bo,

If you are getting the security check error, this means that you have not registered properly.  Please re-register, and try the update once more.  If you have any further questions or issues:

If you are unable to update with this method, please refer to the original email you received with the product download details to download and insall this latest version directly from the release page.  (If you have any questions regarding features or installation, please contact support@formz.com or call us at 614-488-8838 between 9am - 6pm EST.)

#13 Bo Atkinson

Bo Atkinson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMaine USA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:48 AM

Thanks Dennis, Ideas are appreciated.

Actually there is only one formz8 on this machine.

Tech said:

"....please refer to the original email you received with the product download details to download and install this latest version directly from the release page…."

I did find my email, clicked on link there which got me to an 8.0.1 download. Except i did not verify the version, until after installation.

I think this might be a spacial case where update programing does not like reinstalling 8.0.1 on top of an older 8.0.1, then updating to 8.0.2…    Or, it would not surprise me if OSX 10.9.5 on my specific 2012 MacPro is adding something to the issue. I get plenty of hiccups on this machine, (a new machine for me, just for formZ8), but simply restarting or rebooting usually fixes issue.

#14 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

Hi Bo,

(If you have any questions regarding features or installation, please contact support@formz.com or call us at 614-488-8838 between 9am - 6pm EST.)

#15 DennisA

DennisA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

I deleted .fmz files in User Components and was able to get rid of them. There is a blank spaces that I am not able to delete? 

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 9.19.33 AM.png

#16 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:42 AM

Hi Dennis,

Just choose that library and hit the Delete Library button below the preview icons...

• DennisA likes this

#17 john

john

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:23 AM

Hello,

One new feature in this release is: Artlantis file format is once again supported in formZ Pro.

After updated my formz Pro,  I have tried importing or exporting a Artlantis file but not possible. 

How is this new feature implemented?

Thank you for your help.

JOHN

#18 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum.  We discovered an issue immediately after we released the patch whereby the ARTL and SKP plugins may not always download to all Mac computers.  

We fixed this shortly thereafter, but it sounds like you had already updated by that point.  To restore these plugins, download and decompress the attached archive.  Copy the contents of the folder, and Paste it into your formZ Application: Plugins: FFMT folder:

Attached File  v9413_FFMT.zip   11.45MB   162 downloads

Then launch (or relaunch) formZ.  Does that restore the plugins for you?

#19 FZnoob

FZnoob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

Something that might be worth mentioning.

If you have FZ set up such as I do, it does not create a new document upon launch.

When I go to the "help" menu, the "update" does not appear.

However as soon as I create a new document it does.

See screenshot for clarification.

#20 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

Hi Noob,

Yes, formZ 8.0.1 did need to have a project window open to Register or Check for Update.  That restriction has been removed with the 8.0.2 update...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users