AutoDesSys

line start point

rhodesy

Is there a way to keep a multi line start point lit? I find if im drawing on top of existing geometry edges I forget where my shape started so I have to start again to create a closed loop. This problem would be solved if there was a marker at the start of the line, there might well be an option to enable this? If not please can we have it?

Thanks

Hi Christian,

Yes, that is an option in v7 and v8 as well, and that can be enabled mid drawing -- but that will show all first points for all shapes, and thus may not help in this case.  Having an option -- or just automatically showing the first point of a shape that is being drawn could help -- even though the shape will show as closed as soon as the cursor is positioned back on the first point...

I simply 'draw' a point with the point tool, first row, second column.  Then name this point object for reference or delete it later.  Use of a contrasting color will also help.

Yes I guess this is one way of doing it but not that practical if your making 100's of objects in a day. You can eventually find the start point if you hunt around in roughly the area you think you started but if your not concentrating and you have a complex object with many clicks it can be frustrating having to hunt to find the first point especially if you have overlapped and gone past it. Thanks for looking into this.

Archived