AutoDesSys

FormZ won't quit

Des

As per the post title, FormZ won't quit, I have to force quit it. During the quit process, pallets and windows close but the menus refuse to go away, eventually spinning beachball... Been happening for the last week or so.

If I dump the prefs to try to fix it, will I loose my workspace?

Thanks,

Des

Hi Des,

That's strange, which operating system and version of formZ are you using?

If you go to the Workspace Menu: Workspace Manager and Export your Workspaces.  Then Quit formZ and rename the autodessys folder and relaunch.  If you can then quit properly, reload your Workspaces and try again.  If that is still working properly, please zip and send the autodessys preference folder so we can see why this might occur.

Ok, I exported my workspace, quit (forced), renamed the autodessys folder, started up FormZ again, reloaded my workspace, tried to quit and same problem, spinning beach ball on attempted quit.

My specs;

iMac 27", 3.4GHz Intel Core i5, OSX 10.9.5, 8GB ram.

I attach the pref folders. The one named with a "1" is the original..

Thanks,

Des

autodessys.zip

autodessys1.zip

Hi Des,

A tip I have always saved copy of my workspaces in my formZ app folder within a folder I call Safe Workspaces. Within that folder I have a alias of Library/Prefernces/autodessys/formZ 8.0 so I can easily click & get into preference folder and replace with good workspaces if ever needed. If you are using a time machine backup you may be able to get your old uncorrupted workspaces & replace (look for an earlier date then on your workspaces)

Tech- I also noticed formZ Jr.zws (I assume that is Bonzai replacement) and System.Iws in preferences what are they about?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived