AutoDesSys

Not able to register form-Z 8 & RenderZone plug-in

Steve_S

I am re-installing form-Z 8 + RenderZone on my Windows 7 system after downgrading from Windows 8.1 due to Windows 8.1 being extremely unstable.

I'm not able to register the software - neither form-Z nor the RenderZone plug-in. 

I type in my serial number (which automatically deletes the first 2 zeros after I leave that entry field).

Then I type in my 24 digit installation code into the registration code entry fields.

When I click on 'Register' the following message appears:

'The application serial number is not valid.'

I've re-entered the information several times resulting in the same response.

I also made sure my numbers were for version 8 and not version 7. 

I would appreciate anyone who can provide assistance with this.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Steve,

Please try to register once more, putting the formZ Serial number and code in the Applications Tab of the Registration dialog, and the RenderZone code in the Extensions Tab.  Make sure that you are using the formZ v8 code (if you are installing v8), and if you get any errors, check carefully to make sure there are no typographical errors.  If it is still not working, please make a screen capture of what you have entered in both tabs, as well as the error message, and attach those to an email to support@formz.com so we can help further (if necessary).

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.

This time my attempts at registration yielded a different result.

The following message appears:

The number of computers running with this serial number has exceeded the number of licenses.

FYI: I have both Windows (7) and Mac (Yosemite) versions of form-Z with RenderZone plug-in.

I do not want to include a screen shot here because it will reveal my serial numbers and registration code.

Hi Steve,

I do not want to include a screen shot here because it will reveal my serial numbers and registration code.

Yes, that's why we asked you to send us an email. 

A single user license allows you to install on any 2 computers and run 1 at a time.  If you have formZ registered on these computers previously, then it should be able to register the upgrade.  If you need to move a registration from one computer to another, please send the MAC Address of the computer from which you want it removed (or the one where you want to keep it -- and let us know that) and we can reset this for you.

If you have not registered on 2 other computers, then the "number of computers" message could potentially appear incorrectly if formZ is having trouble connecting to the internet.  If you try to register again, does it work properly for you now?  And if not, if you unblock formZ, or disable your firewall, or wait two minutes and try again, does it then allow you to register?

If that is not working, hold down the Alt key and click on Register and follow the additional instructions.

Archived