AutoDesSys

Problem with 'Shaded Work' and 'Shaded Full' display modes

Archearer

Hello. Recently I've installed trial version of form-z 8.0.1 and here is my problem: When I switch to shaded work display or shaded full display mode, I don't see any shaded surfaces, only wireframe. I've tried to set different settings in display options window but it doesn't helps. Any ideas?
My system:
- Acer aspire 7745g notebook
- Win 7 home premum 64x
- Intel i5 m430 2,27 GHz (2 CPUs)
- 4096 RAM
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
faec116b4841f5b6208662bf07708e93.jpg

Well, I think its a problem with video adapter too... The latest version of Catalyst Control Center at Acer web site is 8.692.1.0, it installs and works with most modern 3d applications without any issues, but actually this version is quite old. According to AMD/ATI site the latest video driver is 14.9, but It doesn't installs properly in my system...

Actually perhaps I posted too soon.  Does this thread help?

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=448&threadid=168056&enterthread=y

Tech, yes, your answer definitly helped! At this amd board I've found a link to another forum, and there was description of similar problems: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381583

I'm not the only one who faced with such a problem. The reason of it - all latest versions of video driver (most likely all newer than 13.4) doesn't works with all ATI mobility series HD 5***. I noticed that such issue doesn't depends from laptop manufacturer, because people say about similar problem on HP, ASUS and Acer machines. So I'm pretty sure it's all because bad drivers... Damn, I've spent two days and night with installing and deinstalling latest drivers. I didn't expect such surprise from AMD/ATI. Must say, it is not first problem with Radeon video cards and 3d applications, few years ago I had similar problems at my desktop PC with ATI video adapter and Google Sketchup. Screw it! My next machine will be with nVidia card only!

Tech, thank you very much! You are my hero!

I've installed Catalyst 13.4 Mobility - not newest, but the latest proper release, and it works! I hope now my problem is solved!

p.s. I am advanced skethup user and after first hours in form-z I'm already very impressed by the 'insert' feature and automatic geomerty intersections! Much easier after skethup. WOW! Can't imagine what next will surprise me ) f503e6eba1fae8e742b00b81195e45da.png

Hello,

I 'm facing the same problem and I changed the Catalyst version but no success. Now, FormZ 8 says: "you need Opengl 3.2 or more"

My computer is a notebook Sony VAIO VPCSE with this "stupid" AMD Radeon 6630M...

there is no driver updated since the beginning.....

Well, I had to come back to FormZ 7, I don't want to buy a new computer now...

Never mind...

Shaded Full is awesome.

I have added a GTX760 to my mac and it really gives instant results on a level that is close to what I ever was capable of getting out of RenderZone some years ago.

One thing bugs me though - when I work in Full shaded; spin zoom orbit around etc., and then click onto a saved view (view pallette) it takes way to long to display (jump to) the saved view.

(Workaround I change to wireframe, then select the view, then get into Fullshaded again)

Anybody else seeing this ?

Hi GLG,

We did a little searching and it looks like there are a lot of issues with the Sony Driver support for that card.  There have been quite a few requests for updates for the drivers, and if you take a look at these search results, you may find a driver update that will work with your laptop.  Sony Vaio driver upgrade for and 6630m  Or you can contact Sony directly about this.

Hi R2D2,

Great, glad you like the improvements!  To make view switching faster, Right click on the View Name and uncheck Animate Transitions.

post-5-0-86537000-1417702331_thumb.jpg

Does that help?

Archived