AutoDesSys

Option to turn off "smoothing" on object level inside formZ?

roenning

Hello, it would be great if one could set "smoothing" values inside formZ - as an attribute option. Could this be made possible? For now I export my scene to Studio, select the objects that I want Maxwell to treat as facetted and uncheck "smoothing". If one could set this once and for all inside the formZ model there would be no need for that ekstra via Studio step. Does this make sense?

Regards,

Hans Petter Rønning

Hi Hans,

Sure, you can do that in formZ.  You can set this at a Project Level via the Display Menu: Project Rendering Options: Smooth Shading tab, and you can also set this per object(s) by selecting the desired object(s), clicking the Attributes Tab of the Pick Options, and changing the Basic Attributes to Smooth Shading.  Then any options you set there will be applied to all selected objects.

Does that help?

Thanks for your quick reply. What I would like to do inside formZ is to uncheck the smoothing option marked in the attached image. Is there a way to do this? (If I do not uncheck this, reflections and edges on some facetted objects gets somewhat bulky and unprecise.)

Regards,

Hans Petter Rønning

post-663-0-82979600-1416668839_thumb.jpg

Hello again, I finally figured out how this work. What you describe above works just the way I want it to (that is to render correctly directly from formZ). :) Exporting to Studio confused me on this - as I then get smoothing checked and with a default value of 60 on all objects no matter what...

Yes, that setting in Studio is only to explictly override whatever the plugin has set for the smoothing attribute of the object; it does not report the existing smooth setting. But this is not an issue, as it should be WYSIWYG from formZ to Maxwell.

Archived