AutoDesSys

Copying a view and pasting it in another project

jeffgrune

I copied a view from one project and pasted to another. It had the animation tracks that the client wanted. The animation tracks didn't come with it. How can I get the animation tracks into the new project? Copy Attributes doesn't work with views.

The manual shows how control points can be copied and pasted, but when I tried to do it, I didn't get the Paste Control Points Options dialog. All I got was an alert saying there was insufficient memory for this operation. Pasting even only one point produced the same warning.

The client's project contained individual views that generated the tracked view. Pasting those views into the other project also produced the Insufficient Memory warning, although the views did end up in the target project anyway.

Try This. With project opened, open project you want to copy from. select add to project. Check views. That should get same views in your project and you may need to extract or reproduce animation from original project.

Tech may give you a handle on this in AM

More attempts to import views and their keyframes to another file- Project Merge Conflicts Dialog says the view exists in both locations already, even when the palette in the receiving file is empty. This even happens with a fresh new file with no views established yet.

Keyframes and animation data are not added to the target project

You could always delete all the objects inside the file with the animation views that you want, then do a save as a copy. Then close that file without saving. Open the file with the model you'd like to animate and open the file you just saved as a copy, which only has the animation views, and paste the modeled objects into the file with the animation, rather than vice versa.

Back in 6.7.3, I had to do something similar to this with my lights or views because they wouldn't copy, can't remember which...

Hi Jeff,

Pick the Animation Paths along which the views are Animated, use the Save A Copy As command, choose the Picked Objects Only option, and save the file.  Then Open this file and add your other objects to it.  Does that help?

We are not reproducing the Insufficient Memory message. If you reboot your computer and still have this, please send a file in which this happens for you, and indicate which controls you are trying to copy when you get the message.

We will see if we can adjust the Copy or Add Views to also include the animation information for the future.   ;)

Archived