AutoDesSys

Your favorite formZ6/7 extensions?

lab

I always used the Control object 2 and Control object 1 at the same time. 

It helps to quickly and accurately move things around. Like when you duplicate a floor of the multistory building, you need to move it up 3.150M or down. the Control Object were great.

Gravity was good too for dropping cars on to a road system.

If one could switch all Materials at once from Renderzone to Maxwell. ( all those which a maxwell material ).

If there was something to make me 30 years younger I would be happy to beta test it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rob, Gordonjay!  I haven't jumped up to versions 7 or 8, (certain features were dropped that I need in my day to day operations)  though 8 is starting to look compelling enough for me to do so.  

Haven't coded in a while, but that will be a major focus of my efforts once I do jump up to Version 8.  I will update MIMI then.  Unless LAB beats me to it.

MIMI is probably my most used of my scripts too.  This time, however, I want to add some functionality to it rather than just being a Run utility (though, it may start out that way)

Glad there is some interest in what I did!

Cheers!

Chris Lund

Hi Chris!

I love your Attention plugin from V6.  Fit All is good in V8 but sometimes I just want to move/center the COI without zooming in which is what Attention did.  Any plans to update it to work with V8?  ...or LAB?  Thx and Hi!

Here is the msg when I fire it in 8:

post-176-0-36890800-1425683855_thumb.png

Setz, 

Yea, once I can get back into coding.  There are things I need to do, so that is inevitable.  The attention script was my first and dirtiest of hacks ( Actually everything I have done, is nothing but a dirty hack. )

Cheers!

Hi Rob,

I usual use the Maxwell 'Focus' command to do something similar. The view does not appear to change at all, but the COI is actually moved the same plane as the object. Then when you use the 'set view' or other interactive views, you are tumbling around the area you are interested in...

Hey LAB, this is great!

Off the top of my head I would choose:

1. Gravity

2. Random Transform

3.  3 Point Align

4.  MIMI (multiple image map importer)

Thanks again!!

BUMP!

• 2 months later...

I'd like to be able to batch import image maps as materials, similar to the MIMI plug in.

It would be nice to be able to set a sample material, with reflection and transparency settings, then import a number of image maps as individual materials based on the sample material.

Thanks for taking our requests into consideration!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Justin,

I do intend on updating the MIMI script.  not quite as flashy as a whole folder, but I suppose if there is a way of determining that the file is an image or not, it could be added to it.

Other things I would like to do to it,  is import images with a base material.

Justin,

I do intend on updating the MIMI script.  not quite as flashy as a whole folder, but I suppose if there is a way of determining that the file is an image or not, it could be added to it.

Other things I would like to do to it,  is import images with a base material.

Hi Chris-

Are you saying what I described existed before as a "MIMI script" ?  If so, I had never heard of that!   That would be a large time saver for us, as we regularly bring in dozens of image maps on new projects.

Thanks!

yes:  it used to be on a scripts and Plug-ins page that was on ADS's site.   not sure where that page is now, so it is attached.  (The .zip file)

But here is any way.   works for version 6.x and is a Utility Script, so.. to activate it

Extensions: Run Utility (Or recent Utility),  find it in the list of utility scripts... 

Warning, it is down and dirty... find the images you want, select them and import them.   

All it does, is create a basic formatted material with the image map.

BTW   MIMI,   Multi Image Map Importer.

Script has not been worked on for about 9 years or more.  

For what ever reason, I can't get it to compile and be available in 8.5  (haven't tried in older versions, as I only recently moved to 8.x)

MIMI.zip

post-9803-0-81617300-1459886991_thumb.jpg

Archived